seems its time for a new thread. war markets are treacherous

• Please log in to reply
4036 replies to this topic

#1031 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 08:17 AM

Actually a daily SLV RSI divergence yesterday at extreme levels and this new hourly low looks like another basis nearer term charts, looks ripe for a sharp and significant bounce at anytime. some silver stocks (like HL) have reached daily oversold extremes seen at or very close to what was registered at Mar 2020 crash low which were decade extremes! I bot a lot of HL/AG/SILJ/EXK and some GDXJ/AEM yesterday, IMO silver and silver miners have just had an absolute C R AS H here, can it crash more? I guess so but if you like buying silver miners near Covid extreme "technical" lows one has their chance here, I did but and am about 28% long now and will add into weakness, as always DYODD

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 13 May 2022 - 08:19 AM.

#1032 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 08:24 AM

Hopefully, nobody getting hurt here today. You always got to be careful when you get Synchronous Cyclicity downside...

I got a little "hurt" but added a good bit of silver oriented stocks like HL (4.11), SILJ 10.05 area. AG (7.29) and EXK 3.08 and a few others. I don't mind buyin risk/reward wise near Covid extreme technical lows. Still a bit less than 30% long, we see and as always DYODD

#1033 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 08:37 AM

Senor, thanks for that. This extreme weakness makes me wonder what are the chances that the Feb '22 peak at 2070.4 was the end of the move that started back in Dec '15 and we're looking at a continuing bear mkt,

I have a target for this correction of ~ $1760.

#1034 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 08:39 AM

watching boil here it is at 96 900 dma is 99 if it breaks 

above that and stays above i think we see 150 easy 

i have a position looking to add more 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1035 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:02 AM

Hopefully, nobody getting hurt here today. You always got to be careful when you get Synchronous Cyclicity downside...

I got a little "hurt" but added a good bit of silver oriented stocks like HL (4.11), SILJ 10.05 area. AG (7.29) and EXK 3.08 and a few others. I don't mind buyin risk/reward wise near Covid extreme technical lows. Still a bit less than 30% long, we see and as always DYODD

Agree, but I think that gold will have stiff competition from tech and beaten down mega caps.

#1036 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:09 AM

Gold is forming trends now for a high in August, not confirmed yet but looks likely and August is quite often a high for the precious metals. The sell off should be ending in a week or so. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#1037 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:10 AM

gdx acting better lloks like we completed iii of c and should be getting a rally in iv of c 

russ's late may date looks good to me for a very important bottom in gdx 

#1038 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:16 AM

on the oil etf looks like we did a complex correction something like an abc -x- abc and are now 

taking off again so i like the whole oil sector here fwiw 

#1039 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:58 AM

AG had positive earning surprise yesterday.

#1040 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 10:31 AM

Senor, thanks for that. This extreme weakness makes me wonder what are the chances that the Feb '22 peak at 2070.4 was the end of the move that started back in Dec '15 and we're looking at a continuing bear mkt,

I have a target for this correction of ~ $1760.

gdx acting better lloks like we completed iii of c and should be getting a rally in iv of c 

russ's late may date looks good to me for a very important bottom in gdx 

perhaps, but let me suggest that what if GDX/XAU/HUI did indeed have 5 up and these were very deep abc declines while more speculative stuff like GDXJ/silvers all easily made lower lows? May not be the case and WAY too early to make and decisions about that but food for thought? HGNSI at minus 7.53% yesterday.

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 13 May 2022 - 10:32 AM.