• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 11:55 AM

you have been spot on on this market you could very well 

be right about the end of 2023 in any case we need to see 

miners show some balls here so far nothing 

i am sticking strictly to the metals themselves in my trading account

fwiw i do see a pretty clear 5 waves up here in gld 

Edited by gannman, 11 August 2022 - 11:57 AM.

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#2542 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 12:14 PM

on the oil stocks i believe they are starting a wave 5 up here fwiw

#2543 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 12:26 PM

dharma, for the 8 year cycle do you work off 12/2/15 or 12/15/16 gold low?

#2544 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 12:45 PM

One caveat here if that reactor in Ukraine gets blown up commodities go thru the roof all ofthem let's hope that does not happen

#2545 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 01:55 PM

got out of remaining longs earlier today, nice trade past few weeks. What was 5 up in gold/gld now 7 up daily from low so could be corrective. Also, gotta wander if gen mkt rally is gettin close to being done, we see. All cashed up with some bueno recent gains

Senor

#2546 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 02:23 PM

dharma, for the 8 year cycle do you work off 12/2/15 or 12/15/16 gold low?

smithy,  08  then 16  then early 24

then the other interpretation of 8 yr cycle is 08, then 16 , then july 10, 2023, which is also the bottom for the 23.5 yr cycle using the 01 low

31-33 month cycle is approaching a topping phase

i would post these charts but i am under obligation to not post these charts, but this gives a decent picture

dharma

#2547 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 02:26 PM

got out of remaining longs earlier today, nice trade past few weeks. What was 5 up in gold/gld now 7 up daily from low so could be corrective. Also, gotta wander if gen mkt rally is gettin close to being done, we see. All cashed up with some bueno recent gains

Senor

that move to 167.38 gld i am counting as  a B wave then the next move up is wave 5 topping on the 10 in 5 waves. anyway , open to ideas

thanks

dharma

#2548 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 02:44 PM

interesting  mcclelland   http://www.321gold.c...llan081122.html

dharma

#2549 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 07:54 PM

i burned some wood last night

decided to do a deep dive into mars, which is the indicator for the earth, thus it represents real estate, i did it on the vedic astrology page if you are interested

i am becoming more and more convinced that we are heading for deflation.  1930s style.    the fed is setting that up now.  

so , where does that leave the pms which tend to respond well to inflation eg 1976-1980  . the price of gold was fixed in the 1920s and 1930s . although miners and i know most love the chart of homestake mining during that period.  however, what i see here and now is the 23.5 yr cycle and the 8 yr cycle are all down hard going into late 23 or early 24 .  i  do think the shorter term cycles call for a rally here , which is the way i am playing it , but once this rally is over , i believe the pm market is going to roll over.  and bottom in the time frame i just mentioned and that will be the start of the next bull leg.  i am open to the possibility that the cycle left translates and it happens sooner. BUTT so far there is no indication of that . its just a thought on my side

this info and the bus fare will get you on the bus . in other words its just my opinion based on the research i am doing.   

if deflation is in the cards few will have money.   just as an aside i used to ask old timers who bought real estate in the 30s what was their thought.  every one around them was scared to buy, after all prices were tumbling.  they said it seemed cheap enough and it was worth taking a shot. those folks did very well. buying too early was disastrous as prices were unrelenting in their down move.  just the smell of wood burning on a thursday morning in august

dharma

would love to hear your thoughts!

Dharma: do you think we will see extreme price drops in Real Estate? I cant see it

#2550 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 07:56 PM

Senor

nice trading