#3141 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 06:31 PM

XAU monthly

appears that there is lots of hisorical support in the area

also appears that BIG bottoms are typically seen with  more oversold RSI

Edited by dougie, 01 October 2022 - 06:32 PM.

#3142 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 08:47 AM

So the Dow and S&P fell 9 -10 % in Sept and YET we actually had many miner ETF's/indices register small gains for Sept! In looking at the miner/gen mkt ratios it appears we have wave 3 advances underway basis daily charts. IMO this is bullish for gold/silver/miners and supports the bigger picture excellent risk/reward I have been talking about. And even if we see another 10% down in the gen mkt over the next few months my interpretation is that the metals sector would continue to outperform. This is simply another piece of bullish evidence for metals sector, as always DYODD

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 02 October 2022 - 08:50 AM.

#3143 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,336 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 11:22 AM

Looking all the time frames on G/S ratio...thinking the 15 min might just decide the whole thing here...

As long as Gold holds above 1660, and G/S breaks down from here, bulls have a shot at a big turn.

But if Gold breaks down hard on Monday and G/S blasts out of this wedge upwards, I would go from being real careful to super careful with any longs.

xauxag.png

And accordingly....silver looks to be at same critical juncture

silver.png

Edited by K Wave, 02 October 2022 - 11:22 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3144 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,336 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 11:26 AM

So the Dow and S&P fell 9 -10 % in Sept and YET we actually had many miner ETF's/indices register small gains for Sept! In looking at the miner/gen mkt ratios it appears we have wave 3 advances underway basis daily charts. IMO this is bullish for gold/silver/miners and supports the bigger picture excellent risk/reward I have been talking about. And even if we see another 10% down in the gen mkt over the next few months my interpretation is that the metals sector would continue to outperform. This is simply another piece of bullish evidence for metals sector, as always DYODD

Senor

Could all come down to this 15 min line on GDX....

A sustained move over 24 would get me a lot more interested in the Miners.

But the ugly island in the sky at 26 is likely the true key to turning the tide...

GDX.png

Edited by K Wave, 02 October 2022 - 11:27 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3145 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,336 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 11:43 AM

XAU monthly

appears that there is lots of hisorical support in the area

also appears that BIG bottoms are typically seen with  more oversold RSI

I do not like triple top reversals though the bottom zone. I do not like them at all.

"Usually" they lead to disaster...I can show chart after chart after chart that demonstrates that.

Bulls got their work cut out for them, but hey, nothing is impossible, eh?

XAU Weekly

XAU.png

XAU Daily...especially when accompanied by a simultaneous 900 breach on daily AND weekly...

xaud.png

Edited by K Wave, 02 October 2022 - 11:52 AM.

#3146 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,336 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 11:51 AM

A shorter time frame, but this not untypical action after the triple top in the sky type reversal.

They are just plain  ugly in most cases, as they represent complete failure by the bulls.

When I see them, mouth starts to water from short side. And seeing a bunch of these in various stock charts over the past months, and some just about to happen.

amc.png

Here is another one on hourly time frame...I can go on and on...daily weekly monthly etc.

igt.png

#3147 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,034 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 02:36 PM

I have one bearish chart of silver which would question bullish move in gold. I see this also inline with recession all throughout 2023 as it's hard to imagine silver being bullish in a recession. However, that BOE news could be a game changer for gold.

#3148 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:22 PM

we continue to be in a bottoming process for the metals , i have no idea where the bottom lies.  in fact we may have already seen it

the dsi and other measures of sentiment are in the dog house. ie bullish 

also the amount of both silver and gold that have been bought and  never to return to the comex and lbma are quite remarkable.  this is quite bullish

having studied history we all know this ends w/a big bull in the pms

i maintain a substantial core in the miners  which just sits until everyone wants it

dharma

#3149 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:31 PM

https://markets.busi...fed-hike-2022-9

too well broadcast to matter. One doesnt warn of these things if one wants results imo

#3150 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:32 PM

Senor

Could all come down to this 15 min line on GDX....

A sustained move over 24 would get me a lot more interested in the Miners.

But the ugly island in the sky at 26 is likely the true key to turning the tide...

GDX.png

nice