4036 replies to this topic

#3701 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 03:55 PM

So Far GDX and GLD Filling In Nicely, But Silver A Disappointment

By Avi

I think the title of this update really says it all, as there is not a lot for me to add from this past weekend's update.

Let’s take a peek at the GDX chart and you will see that we have struck the target we had for a wave [3] in a leading diagonal.  This means that we are likely in wave [4], assuming that the market has indeed bottomed.  But, keep in mind that this is not a foregone conclusion just yet.  

As far as GLD is concerned, I am counting this pullback as the wave iv of [iii].   So, as long as we hold cited support, I am looking up towards the 168-171 region next to complete wave [iv].

Silver is the biggest disappointment thus far, as it is still struggling with its 1.00 extension.  But, as long as we hold support, and then develop an impulsive move off support, I want to see a relatively large wave v of 3, so silver can make a come back.

But, please take note that should we begin to break supports, the door remains open for a lower low in the complex.  The last lows were not terribly satisfying from a wave structure standpoint.   So, unless I see us complete a fuller 5-waves up, as outlined on the charts, I am watching that for that trap door.

#3702 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 04:32 PM

the FTX thing sure is getting a LOT of attention. sort of like ' look over here!" while you get pickpocketted

makes you wonder.

IMO crypto is "really" done this time, all these bankruptcies, fraud etc. What a steaming pile of garbage it is/was. I also think this very much benefits gold/silver and REAL stuff over the next few years. Just an old hack's opinion. 

Senor

possible. that surely is the narrative being constructed

#3703 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 04:33 PM

So Far GDX and GLD Filling In Nicely, But Silver A Disappointment

By Avi

I think the title of this update really says it all, as there is not a lot for me to add from this past weekend's update.

Let’s take a peek at the GDX chart and you will see that we have struck the target we had for a wave [3] in a leading diagonal.  This means that we are likely in wave [4], assuming that the market has indeed bottomed.  But, keep in mind that this is not a foregone conclusion just yet.  

As far as GLD is concerned, I am counting this pullback as the wave iv of [iii].   So, as long as we hold cited support, I am looking up towards the 168-171 region next to complete wave [iv].

Silver is the biggest disappointment thus far, as it is still struggling with its 1.00 extension.  But, as long as we hold support, and then develop an impulsive move off support, I want to see a relatively large wave v of 3, so silver can make a come back.

But, please take note that should we begin to break supports, the door remains open for a lower low in the complex.  The last lows were not terribly satisfying from a wave structure standpoint.   So, unless I see us complete a fuller 5-waves up, as outlined on the charts, I am watching that for that trap door.

i like this guy more all the time

#3704 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 04:34 PM

did everyone disappear.? did they go to more golden pastures. ?  wha happened?

dharma

I am still here dharma - just recently got long - 50% just before the CPI report and 50% after - here for the ride to the top of the pattern minimum - then hopefully a breakout and back test and then off to the races - time will tell:

https://schrts.co/XtaWiqIV

100% of X long?

#3705 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 04:38 PM

did everyone disappear.? did they go to more golden pastures. ?  wha happened?

dharma

I am still here dharma - just recently got long - 50% just before the CPI report and 50% after - here for the ride to the top of the pattern minimum - then hopefully a breakout and back test and then off to the races - time will tell:

https://schrts.co/XtaWiqIV

did that chart have any annotations originally?

#3706 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 04:59 PM

Edited by stubaby, 16 November 2022 - 05:00 PM.

#3707 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 05:38 PM

doesnt GDX count most easily as an ABC up in progress?

#3708 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 05:39 PM

??

#3709 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 06:28 PM

Great minds think alike? yes.gif  The Big Short's Burry thinks crypto contagion may be good for gold:

https://www.kitco.co...-contagion.html

#3710 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 07:37 PM

Great minds think alike? yes.gif  The Big Short's Burry thinks crypto contagion may be good for gold:

https://www.kitco.co...-contagion.html

That you Cassandra?