seems its time for a new thread. war markets are treacherous

• Please log in to reply
4036 replies to this topic

#3681 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 12 November 2022 - 12:08 AM

Armstrong: "Welcome to this Year’s World Economic Conference. This year, we have a lot on the table. Rising civil unrest is starting as protests are unfolding over inflation now even in Greece. We have political manipulations around the world and a rising push for World War III. We will be covering the entire world with tensions rising everywhere between India and Pakistan to Eastern Europe while North Korea shoots off missiles and China eyes up Hong Kong and Taiwan. We have a major liquidity crisis with central banks in a state of crisis, food shortages, energy shortages, and a recession that the Bank of England warns will be the worst in 100 years. Then we will tackle the crisis in digital currencies and what is really going on in the precious metals.

Live Streaming seems to be open around the world with tens of thousands tuning in from both Russia and China this year.

Our Tech Teams assure us we will have no problem with over 250,000 people tuning in worldwide. The reports will be available for download in your portal."

At $1500 each X 250,000 = $375,000,000, not bad for one weekend!   

https://www.armstron...e-entire-world/

i seriously dount 250K people are paying 1500$

You think Armstrong is lying?  What for?   He has also reported his blog has a higher readership than the New York Times. The cost of attending the conference either online or in person is 1500 dollars. I attended one in 1996 in Vancouver for 500 dollars, inflation happened. Raking it in...

Conf-1985.jpg

Russ: if you think Armstrong can pull in 375 Million to do a conference well i dont know what to say

Haha,  you see that Gold Rolex on his wrist when his in his 30's, the man likes money! He was reportedly a millionaire in his teens but who knows maybe it's a typo. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3682 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 08:39 AM

Dr. Charles Nenner was correct about the dollar target of around 113,  he has a price target for Gold of around 1770 so perhaps some pullback is coming now. Silver target is 22.50.   Recent interview below talking about civil unrest (made an interesting comparison to ancient Rome discussing whether Angels were male or female and the west now being obsessed with sexual issues now, printing money to keep the populations happy as precursors to end of the west and also Gold going up into 2023.   

https://www.youtube....Svskx9wjY4PPDw/

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#3683 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 10:39 AM

Still Not Completely Convinced: Metals

By Avi

I will continue to say it, but the overall view of the metals structure seems to indicate a larger degree bottoming phase.  Has that phase completed and the new bull has arrived?  Well, I am still struggling with that question.

Let me explain why I am struggling.  You see, when we complete a c-wave into a bottom, that c-wave most of the time exhibits as a 5-wave Fibonacci Pinball structure.  When it does not, and it provides us something like an ending diagonal into the low, or a corrective w-x-y type of structure, it makes pinpointing a low much more complex.  Moreover, since the rallies off the recent lows have not been clearly impulsive either, it certainly adds to the complication of being able to confidently “call” the low.

Therefore, I have reiterated that I am going to need to be a bit more patient, and allow a larger degree 5-wave structure off a low complete, such as a potential leading diagonal in GDX, which we have been tracking.  Yet, what adds further to complication is that I do not view leading diagonals as strong and reliable trading/investing signals.   So, this leads to my need for further support from the other charts I track.  And, to be honest, silver is not exactly blowing it out of the water right now – at least not yet.

Does that mean I am bearish?  No.  It means I am a bit in the neutral camp and sitting on my hands for now, at least until I see a solid 5-wave rally off the low in the 3 charts I am outlining for you.

Now, gold is doing a very nice job of trying to provide us with a 5-wave structure, as it has broken through its initial resistance region. But, I have been struggling with the appropriate micro count off the low which leads me to a 5-wave structure needing to be completed.  So, I have gone to the 8-minute GLD chart to try to simplify my view.  While I am still a bit uncertain about the smaller degree wave count, I think the one on the 8-minute chart does look reasonable for now.  Moreover, it also aligns rather well with potential we could see in silver if we see a rather immediate break out in silver over its 1.00 extension which has been providing it some trouble this past week.

So, let’s look at the silver chart.  Again, I want to stress that it relies upon a very weak leading diagonal potential structure off its recent low, as I highlighted last weekend.  And, the fact that we have yet to break out through its 1.00 extension is a bit of a concern.   So, if it can break out over the high struck this past week, then we could very well be on our way to complete wave iii of [iii] off the recent low.  But, as you can see, there is still a lot of wave structure that has to be completed before I am convinced to buy pullbacks aggressively for the rally I expect in 2023.

Now, GDX seems to be completing its wave [3] of a leading diagonal.  Of course, it too can push a bit higher in the coming week.  But, we have reached the ideal target for wave [3] in a leading diagonal, which is the 1.236 extension.  Yet, it would not at all shock me to see a [3] in a metals chart strike the 1.382 extension.   So, I am leaving the door open for all these charts to push higher in the coming week.

But, the one thing that still is not present on all these charts is an initial 5-wave structure off the lows.  We have seen this story before, especially over the last several months, with each attempt leading to a failure.  I do not know if this one will as well.  But, we are tracking the micro counts to make sure we do complete a full 5-waves up off the recent lows in order for us to begin buying pullbacks with confidence. 

#3684 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 09:37 PM

By Avi

I will continue to say it, but the overall view of the metals structure seems to indicate a larger degree bottoming phase.  Has that phase completed and the new bull has arrived?  Well, I am still struggling with that question.

Let me explain why I am struggling.  You see, when we complete a c-wave into a bottom, that c-wave most of the time exhibits as a 5-wave Fibonacci Pinball structure.  When it does not, and it provides us something like an ending diagonal into the low, or a corrective w-x-y type of structure, it makes pinpointing a low much more complex.  Moreover, since the rallies off the recent lows have not been clearly impulsive either, it certainly adds to the complication of being able to confidently “call” the low.

Therefore, I have reiterated that I am going to need to be a bit more patient, and allow a larger degree 5-wave structure off a low complete, such as a potential leading diagonal in GDX, which we have been tracking.  Yet, what adds further to complication is that I do not view leading diagonals as strong and reliable trading/investing signals.   So, this leads to my need for further support from the other charts I track.  And, to be honest, silver is not exactly blowing it out of the water right now – at least not yet.

Does that mean I am bearish?  No.  It means I am a bit in the neutral camp and sitting on my hands for now, at least until I see a solid 5-wave rally off the low in the 3 charts I am outlining for you.

Now, gold is doing a very nice job of trying to provide us with a 5-wave structure, as it has broken through its initial resistance region. But, I have been struggling with the appropriate micro count off the low which leads me to a 5-wave structure needing to be completed.  So, I have gone to the 8-minute GLD chart to try to simplify my view.  While I am still a bit uncertain about the smaller degree wave count, I think the one on the 8-minute chart does look reasonable for now.  Moreover, it also aligns rather well with potential we could see in silver if we see a rather immediate break out in silver over its 1.00 extension which has been providing it some trouble this past week.

So, let’s look at the silver chart.  Again, I want to stress that it relies upon a very weak leading diagonal potential structure off its recent low, as I highlighted last weekend.  And, the fact that we have yet to break out through its 1.00 extension is a bit of a concern.   So, if it can break out over the high struck this past week, then we could very well be on our way to complete wave iii of [iii] off the recent low.  But, as you can see, there is still a lot of wave structure that has to be completed before I am convinced to buy pullbacks aggressively for the rally I expect in 2023.

Now, GDX seems to be completing its wave [3] of a leading diagonal.  Of course, it too can push a bit higher in the coming week.  But, we have reached the ideal target for wave [3] in a leading diagonal, which is the 1.236 extension.  Yet, it would not at all shock me to see a [3] in a metals chart strike the 1.382 extension.   So, I am leaving the door open for all these charts to push higher in the coming week.

But, the one thing that still is not present on all these charts is an initial 5-wave structure off the lows.  We have seen this story before, especially over the last several months, with each attempt leading to a failure.  I do not know if this one will as well.  But, we are tracking the micro counts to make sure we do complete a full 5-waves up off the recent lows in order for us to begin buying pullbacks with confidence. 

seems accureate.

i would like to see higher highs on the weeklies first.

my guess is some more up, then a 2 week pulback or so with teh dollar surging one more time

#3685 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 10:52 AM

By Avi

seems accureate.

i would like to see higher highs on the weeklies first.

my guess is some more up, then a 2 week pulback or so with teh dollar surging one more time

Some indices/ETFs may just not give us 5 up, HUI may have the cleanest count as a wave 3 daily still appears to be unfolding, if we can finish the wave 3 (3-5% higher?), then do a 4 decline and then a new high over the next few weeks we will have something,  we see

Senor

#3686 crossd

crossd

• Traders-Talk User
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 12:35 PM

GSR now in favor of gold....donc...decline from 97 to 77  seems over...

#3687 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 05:53 PM

Senor, take a look at bitcoin daily chart - contracting tri and spike bottom? Interesting...

Danger Will Robinson!   

"The collapse of the FTX Exchange is pretty straightforward insofar as this is the same lesson that constantly repeats in finance time and time again. Basically, FTX lent US$10bn of client funds to their trading arm Alameda, which used it for leveraged their own crypto speculation because the crypto market has been collapsing. Typically, someone like Sam Bankman-Fried had his whole life wrapped up in this venture. Lacking financial controls operating from the Bahamas, moving the money from client funds to his trading arm Alameda was possible. Historically, someone in this position sees his world collapsing but is not prepared to see that unfold for it requires admitting that he was wrong on crypto, to begin with. Consequently, such a person is not trying to actually rob clients’ money, they most likely see it as a temporary loan to save the company and the market will bounce back – or so they believe. 

Our computer had picked the high in Bitcoin perfectly and has been projecting the collapse all along the way. But crypto has become a religion and in so doing it clouds the judgment of people who want to believe the story. Alameda blew up in a crypto meltdown because it did not want to accept that the crypto boom was over. 

The collapse of FTX will now become a contagion for the crypto world. This 20-something group of inexperienced traders has signaled the demise of an industry that was getting all the hype with no substance. This crypto world will be seen as the DOT COM Bubble of 2000. With a recession on the horizon, the collapse of sovereign debt, and the monetary system as a whole, people will be looking for more of the safe bets rather than roll the dice on crypto. Nothing ever goes straight down. But by year-end, the volatility should perk up everyone’s view of the world."

https://www.armstron...ypto-implosion/

Edited by Russ, 14 November 2022 - 06:02 PM.

#3688 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 06:22 PM

this whole affair w/ sam bankman-fried   reminds me, and i forget the name of the company , when  john corzine took over mfglobal and bankrupted the company and its share holders. 

smells the same to me 

dharma

broad market may have put  in a top here

#3689 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 07:00 PM

i think assuming that this was just the error of an inexperienced young investor is a bad bet. all signs point to this being an operation

#3690 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 07:29 PM

i think assuming that this was just the error of an inexperienced young investor is a bad bet. all signs point to this being an operation

WEF was involved too... FTX was a partner with Klaus Schwab’s World Economic Forum (WEF). Of course, the WEF has suddenly removed the page and is desperately trying to hide their involvement with FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried. Naturally, eliminating paper currency has been the goal of the WEF because they support the end of not just capitalism, but of democracy. Schwab’s push has been his Great Reset and to control society to impose his economic philosophy inspired by Marx and Lenin.