seems its time for a new thread. war markets are treacherous

• Please log in to reply
4036 replies to this topic

#31 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 03:23 PM

i would think that a short term top would come in this sector when we have huge volume 

rushing in like over 125 million on slv. that is what i will be looking for to sell some of my trading

positions. i think we have a ways to go before that 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#32 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,957 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 03:43 PM

Nice lookin session from a bullish perspective IMO, interesting to see the "risk on" stuff like GBTC and ARKK down over 6% when Dow is down .36%. I think things are going to get more and more volatile as we deal with war, highest oil prices in many years, highest inflation in decades, interest rate increases coming and Fed ending asset purchases. IMO a "traders" paradise if one can get it right more often than not. Should be a great environment overall for gold/silver/miners

Senor

#33 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 11:34 PM

russia is attacking a ukranian nuclear power plant. the world must step in. i believe this has a very good 

chance of going nuclear . 

#34 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 07:36 AM

dont think any one wil be selling gold today 

#35 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 09:33 AM

After being held in check yesterday, this may finally be GDX blowing out 36...

See if it sticks here today...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#36 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 10:59 AM

for me it is simple i follow the price cycles 1924 was the top in 2011 it held for 10years  (9actually) to break into the next higher price cycle we need to see closes above 1954. until that occurs the action is nice but not convincing me of higher prices.   w/oil going over 100 and staying there, we are assured of higher inflation #s and that based on the 70s bull , as a reference point is a key . on my toes , waiting for the market to confirm it wants higher prices. 1975 is the next #in the higher price cycle we got to 1976 and then were thrown down the stairs.  zelensky according to putin was killing russians who live in the ukraine.   my guess is putin is going to take over the whole country there are 3 main safety points the ukraine provides russia w/ now what graft and corruption has gone on will be fascinating.   for me its about the market action  we need to see closes above 1954 then an assault on the highs of 2089 could be in focus. love the action.   

dharma

the big question for me is will the feds bluff, i e we will fight inflation. be called . i think so .  its why i have 2461 as a target   but one step at a time . learning to walk  tom on the other hand is 

i also wonder w/truckers accounts frozen and the usa looking for russian oligarhs money. will there be a race to commodities. after all how safe are your funds in the banks???

Edited by dharma, 04 March 2022 - 11:08 AM.

#37 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,957 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 11:27 AM

keep an eye on the GSR - really has not sold off big/hard after the big int term corrective rally from the major low in Jan 2021 near 62 - currently near 76-77 area. Looks to be slowly rolling over and getting close to accelerating lower which would imply a significant out performance by silver.

Senor

#38 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 11:59 AM

keep an eye on the GSR - really has not sold off big/hard after the big int term corrective rally from the major low in Jan 2021 near 62 - currently near 76-77 area. Looks to be slowly rolling over and getting close to accelerating lower which would imply a significant out performance by silver.

Senor

great point.  anytime now  silver should start to lead. 

dharma

#39 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 12:10 PM

Is this some kind of top in commodities?

#40 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 01:06 PM

i think the hui could make it all the way up to about the 333 area. that would be 89 points off of 

the feb 4 low at 244 and would complete a wave i of this impulse.  just my best guess