Terra cryptocurrency.......down 99% in 24 hours

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 02:28 PM

bingoooooooo..............I have never considered to put one cent on cryptos........and I will go on avoiding them

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 03:04 PM

ditto with me. No crypto and no Ponzi scheme Coinbase account either.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 03:22 PM

can you imagine those who bought it......they thought it was an investment and instead they bought.....tulips 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 04:28 PM

Given that there are over 600 cryptocurrencies out there, a healthy shake out is not only warranted, but healthy.

These threads on Crypto are no different than those on speculative stocks either on the old pink sheets or even the NASDAQ itself.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 06:11 PM

The concept of Crypto is not at all new!

There's nothing new under the Sun!

Perhaps at least 2000 years ago the concept was alive and well; treasured by the native inhabitants of the Yap islands in Micronesia.

Rai stones have been viewed by modern economists as a form of money, and are often used as an example to support the thesis that the value of some form of money can be assigned purely through shared belief in said value.
Ownership was established by shared agreement, and could be transferred even without physical access to the stone. Each large stone had an oral history that included the names of previous owners. In one instance, a large rai being transported by canoe and outrigger was accidentally dropped and sank to the sea floor. Although it was never seen again, everyone agreed that the rai must still be there, so it continued to be transacted as any other stone.
The perceived value of a specific stone was based on not only its size and craftsmanship, but also its history. The value could depend, for instance, on whether it was brought by a famous sailor, or whether people died during its transport.

I personally own a doggie coin once owned by an electric car maker who died on Mars!

In a few years, it will be worth ZILLION$!

Enough money to fill up a car on Brandon Gas.

(I'll be here all week!) purebs.gif

Yap-Stone-Money.jpg