Seasonality

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 10:28 AM

July seasonality has been up for several years in a row recently.

$SPX was up over 9% this July.

However, you might want to be wary of August

Mike Burk's stats on the 2nd presidential year August are not positive, especially late August.

Stockcharts overall August going into September & October also looks weak. Stockcharts Seasonality LINK

PS: If you simply went "Away in May" this year and bought July 1st you would be ahead by 350 SPX points.

Seasonality.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 30 July 2022 - 02:26 PM.

#2 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,753 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 09:39 AM

Don't know how will affect markets, but am guessing going to make for an unsetlled environment as we head towards November

I have never seen a 13 strong approval for a president before. And only 9% among Indies....

https://www.zerohedg...-new-low-gallup

itensity%20biden.jpg?itok=fZ0d7wEr

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,551 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 08:19 AM

Well there's nothing like an emergency plumbing leak to take up your day and have no trading.  Was one of those times when you discover it by accident and at least needs a bandaid.  Amazing what you can do with stretch epoxy tape and a c clamp lol!!  Nonetheless its nice to see the market back in grind mode as we end this month.  There is a good chance of it continuing lower but I'm sure the bulls won't give up that easy, they'll be relying on Powell to save the day on Friday I'm sure lol!!  I'm liking watching this premium decay not feeling like trading at the moment anyhow, should've just held my short on Friday lol!!  Enjoying reading all the analysis on here though very interesting!!!