Photo

Bear market is over! Paging Blustar.....

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 03 August 2022 - 05:40 PM

FED talking tough  on interest rates, but releasing Niagara falls of money.

My bank will not even give me a pen for depositing new money. They have enough from FED.

Todays action of sustained rally over several weeks can 't be bearish for August.

Paging blustar!!! Are you revising your August 5th forecast?

Edited by pdx5, 03 August 2022 - 05:42 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#2 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 03 August 2022 - 08:49 PM

Market is definitely signally more upside, and the average investor has not turned bullish yet, so yes more upside at least in the short run...

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 01:21 AM

in my opinion there' s still some upside space to run and I already moved up my previous price targets and delayed my time window for the bearish reversal. That said currently I' ve got the end of August for the resumption of the bearish trend. Don' t sell the bear skin too early..........this upwards move was well in the cards and well predicted before it occurred. Now it' s time for it to create the greedy atmosphere surrounding the making of a top which is not scheduled for tomorrow, but not so far in time.   

Edited by andr99, 04 August 2022 - 01:22 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#4 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 05:38 AM

Do I hear a contrarian tpp caller?

#5 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 05:45 AM

yeah.....I' m exactly that. But let time run before we get to a secondary top. End of month in my opinion

#6 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 10:58 AM

in my opinion there' s still some upside space to run and I already moved up my previous price targets and delayed my time window for the bearish reversal. That said currently I' ve got the end of August for the resumption of the bearish trend. Don' t sell the bear skin too early..........this upwards move was well in the cards and well predicted before it occurred. Now it' s time for it to create the greedy atmosphere surrounding the making of a top which is not scheduled for tomorrow, but not so far in time.   

I agree.  I have upside targets as high as 4250-4280 before topping at these lower highs.  The selloffs will be shallow in August and will recover.  My cycle time target for the high is not until September.  Mark me, 2023 will be far scarier and far worse than 2022 has been.  War cycles heat up with a vengeance in the first quarter of 2023 and the US will be involved in a big way in later 2023-2024.  I don't have a remedy or recommendation other than have ample cash available and I also mean cash-in-fist.  Have a year's worth of cash readily available, either buried in the ground of in your gun safe.  Start storing can goods, dried beans and pasta.  I recently purchased a 1/2 a cow.  I'm a little worried about shortages but I'm equally worried about the price for food in a steady increase for years to come.  

#7 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 02:45 PM

Since USA has big obesity problem, food inflation will actually save more on medical bills. Obesity is #1 risk factor for heart disease, diabetes, joint pain, strokes. Excess fat helps cancer cells grow.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 jacek

jacek

• Traders-Talk User
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 03:26 PM

Since USA has big obesity problem, food inflation will actually save more on medical bills. Obesity is #1 risk factor for heart disease, diabetes, joint pain, strokes. Excess fat helps cancer cells grow.

I'd say just the opposite as junk food is cheaper than healtfood..

Edited by jacek, 04 August 2022 - 03:27 PM.

#9 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 07:52 PM

I'd say just the opposite as junk food is cheaper than healtfood..

Are you serious? I buy tons of lentils, black beans, garbanzo beans, potatoes, onions, rice, and cook them at home from scratch.

It is ridiculously cheaper meals, with less sodium and sugar. And I buy tons of fruits and vegetables depending on which ones are on sale that week at my grocery store. I eat very small amounts of red meat. Mostly it is chicken for me. My food bill is ridiculously small and my health is amazing good for my age in 80's. And I weigh the same as I did 40 years ago!

Edited by pdx5, 04 August 2022 - 07:53 PM.

#10 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 02:09 AM

all right pdx5, but are you sure that fruit and vegetables are so healthy ? with all those chemical treatments they receive ? a farmer told me that once upon a time he used to give a couple of treatments to his fruit trees per year. Now they are a couple per month and the fruit doesn' t even taste just a little bit close to how it used to taste in the past........and on that point I can confirm. If you eat instead biological fruit and vegetables, your reasonment is perfect........  

Edited by andr99, 05 August 2022 - 02:10 AM.