Photo

Bear market is over! Paging Blustar.....

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 04:43 AM

Andr99, your concern about fruits & veggies is valid. I try to buy organic whenever possible. And wash them before using them. Everything now a days is Genetically modified. That makes fruits & veggies look fresh longer and better color etc. But that is why they taste different than in old days.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#12 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:11 AM

All those lentils wouldn’t benefit me, I’m a carnivore. I eat meat and green vegetables exclusively. A marbled ribeye (I don’t trim the fat off, I eat all of it) and a serving of broccoli is the most satisfying meal.

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:56 AM

This patient is not well enough to get out of the hospital just yet.

With 3 Seasonally bad months ahead, I'm not convinced that all is clear just yet.

PS: The AAII Bullish sentiment is at it's highest in 10 weeks, since the June 1st TOP!

PnF.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 05 August 2022 - 10:02 AM.

#14 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 10:47 AM

Since USA has big obesity problem, food inflation will actually save more on medical bills. Obesity is #1 risk factor for heart disease, diabetes, joint pain, strokes. Excess fat helps cancer cells grow.

Too bad cheap processed carbs are some of the cheapest food you can get.

#15 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 11:23 AM

Since USA has big obesity problem, food inflation will actually save more on medical bills. Obesity is #1 risk factor for heart disease, diabetes, joint pain, strokes. Excess fat helps cancer cells grow.

Too bad cheap processed carbs are some of the cheapest food you can get.

You mean like pasta & spaghetti types. And those are not very good for you. They lack fiber and other nutrients removed during  processing. I always keep in mind that my genes remember my ancestors for many millennia. Genes do not change much at all in 5000 years which is basically recorded history of human beings. Agriculture is only 15,000 years old. That is why a diet based largely on agriculture produced  grains cause lot of problems such as diabetes. Our bodies do best when we copy diet of ancestors going back half a million years. And that means lots of fruits, root vegetables and nuts. Occasionally our ancestors got lucky and were able to hunt down an animal such as pigs or deers. That was the only time they feasted on meat. There was no way to refrigerate meat and consume it for several days. And humans walked miles everyday to forage for food. 

Then you look at modern humans eating meat everyday, and eating lots of processed grains, rarely walking more than 1000 steps in a day, and is it any wonder why heart disease is #1 killer, and diabetes is off the charts. Only reason I am still alive and need zero prescriptions is because I discovered the benefit of daily exercise. None of the males in my close family made it past 75. I am 82 and just mowed my backyard in hot and humid Florida with 86 deg F temperature and high humidity without needing a break. 

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#16 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 11:31 AM

I always keep in mind that my genes remember my ancestors for many millennia.

I bet they are all dead and lived the average of "70 to 80 years" as was observed 3500 years ago:

Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away. PS 90:10

BAD DOG: Top 5 worst foods that shorten life expectancy...

yoga.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 05 August 2022 - 11:59 AM.

#17 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 12:37 PM

pdx5 -

for once I agree with you - eating less would be a God send for many people 

I see young people in their 20s walking around - fat as hell - and lazy  - 40 to 70 pounds overweight

these same young folks can be seen with quadruple ice cream sundaes in their hands  

#18 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 02:24 PM

Genes do not change much at all in 5000 years which is basically recorded history of human beings. 

Well not so sure about that. Ever heard of Cheddar man ?  He lived in Britain around 10,000 years ago. He had light eyes and very dark skin, suggesting that pale skin is a very recent adaptation. Another case like that of Cheddar man is recorded in Spain and dated back to around the same time. The Spanish man also had dark skin and light eyes. So that scientists think that light eyes have developed in Europe far before the pale skin tone which is very recent. In conclusion, 5,000 years are probably enough to change radically how you look like and to let you leave the iron age and enter the age of computers and space travels. You don' t know pdx5, how much I would pay to have a time machine that could bring me back to the past and see my Indoeuropean ancestors entering the Po plain where I live, coming from central Europe and before from the Eurasian steppe, or to see Caesar passing the Rubicon..........or.......or........there would be an infinite to see.      

https://www.nhm.ac.u...e-eyed-boy.html

Edited by andr99, 05 August 2022 - 02:27 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#19 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 03:56 PM

by the way I' m at the border of the Po plain and from my windows I see the pre-Alps.........I' m a sub-alpine in other words, very close under any point of view to those people living in the Alps  

Edited by andr99, 05 August 2022 - 03:58 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#20 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 04:01 PM

All those lentils wouldn’t benefit me, I’m a carnivore. I eat meat and green vegetables exclusively. A marbled ribeye (I don’t trim the fat off, I eat all of it) and a serving of broccoli is the most satisfying meal.

Too much meat increases your chances of colon cancer & prostate cancer after age 60.

Not to mention clogging up of coronary arteries if you do not exercise enough.

Edited by pdx5, 05 August 2022 - 04:01 PM.