• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,021 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 02:47 PM

In case you weren't aware of it, Fib is posting Weekly Breadth Reports in the Market Analysis area.

Check out this week's.

https://www.traders-...dth-data-91622/

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 03:11 PM

Nibbled on SP500 index fund at closing price today. For 1 to 3 year hold.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 07:57 PM

Nibbled on SP500 index fund at closing price today. For 1 to 3 year hold.

And your stop is....?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 08:25 PM

30% profit is stop.
Never sold Sp500 index fund at loss in 45 years.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#5 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,823 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 09:40 PM

30% profit is stop.
Never sold Sp500 index fund at loss in 45 years.

1st time for everything I guess.

May not see the August highs again in your lifetime if I turn out to be right about a generational top at least comparable to 2000, if not 1929.

Of course, I could be wrong. Will likely know soon based upon Mega Cap action over next few months....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,823 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:16 PM

Seriously...good luck getting a 30% return any time soon with this SPX chart configuration.

Every bit as bad as 29 peak, and now momo has turned hard down on monthly chart.

Markets don't just magically recover from these chart patterns....

SPX today

spx.png

Dow 29 and aftermath

29.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,823 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:24 PM

One of the last pieces of the Massive Top puzzle I have been waiting for, other than the reasonably likely huge wave 3 drop upcoming on Mega Caps, is the for Utils to roll over.

With Friday's breach of 200 day MA, that piece may now be in place after the failed swing high....

Util Monthly...momo look like it wants to roll...

um.png

Util Daily

ud.png

#8 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:35 PM

Unless the printing machine is permanently broken in DC, there is only one escape hatch for the federal government, print print print. Only devaluation of dollar can sustain $31 Trillion national debt growing 3-4 Trillion every year, with interest rates climbing.

#9 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:38 PM

Seriously...good luck getting a 30% return any time soon with this SPX chart configuration.

Every bit as bad as 29 peak, and now momo has turned hard down on monthly chart.

Markets don't just magically recover from these chart patterns....

30% profit  is STOP, in response to  Fib's question. It is NOT the goal.

#10 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,823 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 01:37 AM

IF we go hard down into end of September, then something along these lines could be a very possible monthly scenario for SPX into early 2023.

Trips down the other side of the mountain can come very fast once key levels breached near the top of a megabubble.

Especially when so much market cap concentrated in a few extreme bubble stocks.

spx.png

Edited by K Wave, 25 September 2022 - 01:44 AM.