• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 11:43 AM

If you really believe at unenployment #, why we have not a better GDP? And also who will buy all this merchandise that is been produce?

Carl

Wow...common sense...a rare thing these days.

Post election "adjustments" coming to the employment numbers....you can pretty much take that one to the bank.

I am old enough to remember the chip SHORTAGE

https://www.philstoc...on-supply-glut/

This is my 62nd year living in United States as an adult. I have never ever seen so many help wanted signs in stores, restaurants, retail, hotels, etc. MacDonald's in my city can not find burger flippers at $12/hour to START plus benefits. My grocery store can not find workers at $16/hour to stock shelves. Never in my 62 years in USA I have seen anything like this. Just 15 years ago my kids in highschool had hard time finding any part time jobs at minimum wage.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#22 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 12:19 PM

If you really believe at unenployment #, why we have not a better GDP? And also who will buy all this merchandise that is been produce?

Carl

Wow...common sense...a rare thing these days.

Post election "adjustments" coming to the employment numbers....you can pretty much take that one to the bank.

I am old enough to remember the chip SHORTAGE

https://www.philstoc...on-supply-glut/

Keep in mind how UNemployment numbers are calculated. If you are NOT actively looking for jobs, you are NOT counted as unemployed.

As I said in my post above, many people are just content to stay at home collecting welfare benfits. Those are NOT counted as unemployed.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#23 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 12:40 PM

Fed speak of the week: A unified, resolute stance in the inflation fight

Following the Federal Reserve’s super-sized interest rate hike and another hot read on inflation, a slew of Fed speak this week indicated that central bank officials are unified in the task of cooling inflation — even in the face of global market turmoil.

Across statements, the message was clear: The Fed plans to continue raising rates higher and then hold them there is “clear and convincing” evidence that inflation is cooling. And while recession risk has risen, it’s not the base case expectation.

#24 Carl

Carl

• Traders-Talk User
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 01:16 PM

I really do not where you gentleman live, but here in Connecticut, huge democrat state, I do not see big request for help. Car dealers are empty ,most are used CARS, Walmart,Costco, Sams, Target, Home Depot or Lowes, Macy and a lot other are not as busy as before.And please do not say Grocery need help. If USA was the way you designed, we should LOOK AT THE SKY.

Carl

#25 Carl

Carl

• Traders-Talk User
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 01:16 PM

I really do not where you gentleman live, but here in Connecticut, huge democrat state, I do not see big request for help. Car dealers are empty ,most are used CARS, Walmart,Costco, Sams, Target, Home Depot or Lowes, Macy and a lot other are not as busy as before.And please do not say Grocery need help. If USA was the way you designed, we should LOOK AT THE SKY.

Carl

#26 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:17 PM

https://www.zerohedg...ng-expectations

And there's a Miss by Tesla. Now we see the all-important market reaction to it....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#27 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:48 PM

Long term chart I found that shows just HOW EPIC the funny money bubble was...

ms.png

source: https://www.longterm...y-vs-inflation/

Edited by K Wave, 02 October 2022 - 03:51 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#28 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:54 PM

And this is an eye opening chart.

Now we see if other countries follow UK lead or not...

IF not, likely more pain ahead.

m2.png

https://twitter.com/...MC-_YnGueErAAAA

Edited by K Wave, 02 October 2022 - 03:55 PM.

#29 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:02 PM

Another measure of the craziness we just saw....SP/Home Price

st.png[

#30 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:14 PM

With interest rates exploding out of the 40 year low to more normal levels...how long until SP yield does so as well???

And what would a doubling of the dividend yield imply for stock prices going forward....yeah...we are still in total fantasy land here...

sp.png