Complex Bottoming Process in October/November -- Still Advantage BEARS

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#321 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 06:02 AM

AMD opens right near the big swing lows at 64.

LEVI a bit above the swing low.

Now we watch too see if they dig themselves out after the open or accelerate...

Edited by K Wave, 07 October 2022 - 06:03 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#322 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 06:04 AM

NVDA down in sympathy with AMD, but still holding potential support area near 127...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#323 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 06:13 AM

USD CHF still coiled up tight...

Is the coming news what it is waitin' on?

IF not that, then something else ...soon

usdchf.png

#324 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 06:21 AM

Watching Big Kahuna UNH real close today, as I think this may be D Day for this battle zone.

Back above 525, then see the possibility for one final swing up to say perhaps 560.

But below the breakout line, and things could start to come undone rapidly for the bulls.

unh.png

#325 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 06:24 AM

2yr climbin' right back up after holding the key 4% level.

Still not seeing any real sign that this is done yet, and still see possibility for final vertical blowoff move, although that would likely need to start PDQ before that 4 hour divergent momo rolls back over.

2yr.png

Edited by K Wave, 07 October 2022 - 06:26 AM.

#326 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 06:34 AM

6 month still not done...

Cost of short term money now up over 100X from September 2021...swoon.gif

6mo.png

#327 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 07:07 AM

I am buying, gradually, ... all the way down to new lows if market trades there. 

Difficult to time this market but I think PEAK YIELDS and PEAK INFLATION as well as PEAK DOLLAR are here or behind us. 

Will add LONGS selectively and HEDGE partially later. 

#328 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 07:07 AM

watching it to buy, but still not making new 2022 lows after the miss

will wait  on it 

AMD starts off the meat of Q3 earnings season off with this early report.

https://www.anandtec...revenue-craters

Driving this unexpected drop in revenues is an exceptionally weak client market, with revenues down 40% versus Q3’21 and resulting in what’s traditionally AMD’s largest market segment by revenue becoming their smallest in a single quarter.

#329 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 07:08 AM

Still not dropping as much as I expected or I want.... waiting 

NVDA down in sympathy with AMD, but still holding potential support area near 127...

#330 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 07:10 AM

Agree with most of this,,,, but I think it is CONSOLIDATION after the huge 2-day rally to start the week, and rally resumes. 

I would welcome a drop in market to buy at lower prices 

We're in the middle of a 10-12% trading range.  Here's why I think we're putting in a s/t top:

• USO is peaking out after a 15% straight up run to the declining daily T/L (carried SPX)
  • AAPL has peaked following yesterday's secondary top
  • TSLA's breakout on 15-min chart appears to be a dud so far.
  • TLT looks to be turning down and may test 100 level before it runs again to 104-107
  • This entire sequence starting Monday has been choppy (corrective wave)
  • VIX appears to have bottomed

I believe we'll see a secondary test of the Q 268 low.  Could be a higher or lower low.   

IF this is the local "5 of 3" wave, it will move quickly and reverse around the secondary low.   Next level "4" wave will take the markets about 5% higher than current levels.   All IMHO.