Complex Bottoming Process in October/November -- Still Advantage BEARS

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#401 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:37 PM

Another last car STZ...not looking so good day after earnings on 4 hour look.

My advice to shareholders...start drinking heavily.

STZ.png

Edited by K Wave, 07 October 2022 - 12:37 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#402 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:38 PM

QQQ near a 2-year low... market within 3% of 2022 lows... rate hikes will soon start coming down from 75 to 50bps, then 25bps, and 

inflation has peaked. Economy still strong, global supply chains not as bad as before, freight costs dropping rapidly, so it is a better time 

to buy than any other in 2022 and some equities are priced lower than even in 2021. 

For me, with no holdings in LT and RISK Portfolios, this is a good time to start loading up longs. 

Risks can be managed, no hedges as yet, still up more than 6.85% on the week .... 

As we enter the final 2 hours of the week, I will add an extra lot or two to NQ SHORT daytrades and leave one or two as HEDGE over the weekend. 

But, it depends where the market trades in the final 30 minutes.

#403 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:43 PM

QQQ near a 2-year low... market within 3% of 2022 lows... rate hikes will soon start coming down from 75 to 50bps, then 25bps, and 

inflation has peaked. Economy still strong, global supply chains not as bad as before, freight costs dropping rapidly, so it is a better time 

to buy than any other in 2022 and some equities are priced lower than even in 2021. 

For me, with no holdings in LT and RISK Portfolios, this is a good time to start loading up longs. 

Risks can be managed, no hedges as yet, still up more than 6.85% on the week .... 

As we enter the final 2 hours of the week, I will add an extra lot or two to NQ SHORT daytrades and leave one or two as HEDGE over the weekend. 

But, it depends where the market trades in the final 30 minutes.

I would wait after 900 day MAs are reclaimed

While still underneath, at reasonably high risk of multiple nuclear bombs during Q3 earnings season.

Or do you think AMD and FDX are just flesh wounds. nothing at all to worry about?

Market under the 900 is "usually" telling you all is not well as you may think it is....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#404 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:46 PM

Yes, but it can get even extreme ... and will stop only when the FED wants the market to know it is near the bottom....

UdhHUuKe_normal.jpg

An "all or nothing" day is when the S&P's daily advance/decline line is more than +/-400. We've had 3 "all or nothing" days in each of the last two weeks (6 "all or nothing" days in the last 10 trading days). Pretty extreme.

UdhHUuKe_normal.jpg

An "all or nothing" day is when the S&P's daily advance/decline line is more than +/-400. We've had 3 "all or nothing" days in each of the last two weeks (6 "all or nothing" days in the last 10 trading days). Pretty extreme.

#405 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:49 PM

If I were to just pick one stock, one could look at Google and say, if it breaks back above 102, then storm has likely passed.

But until it does, this has the chance of turning into a CAT 5 over next couple weeks.

#406 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:52 PM

Again there are a whole lot of Last Cars type stocks that are just STARTING to roll as we sit here under the 900 MA on the indexes...

If they start to break loose under those last supports, then even some bounces in the beat up stocks wont help much....

#407 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:53 PM

When the real deluge comes, it takes everything....

And that is what we are in the process of trying to setup here...

not confirmed just yet...but real close...

Edited by K Wave, 07 October 2022 - 12:53 PM.

#408 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:56 PM

AMD down 15% since yesterday...but don't use that C word....

#409 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:57 PM

NVDA only a measly 10% thus far.

#410 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:59 PM

Stock indexes look way too much like TLT here for me to be a comfortable bull.

TLT.png