Complex Bottoming, Part 2: Nearer to a sustainable LOW

• Please log in to reply
492 replies to this topic

#31 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 06:09 PM

Difference between now and June is that the utilities are leading. So when this reverese you will see a sharper bounce and one frought with volatilty. I think the best we could hope for ST is too hammer out a solid bottom, minimum of 1 more back test. Earnings season holds the hardest comps, with probabl minimal guidance. Hammer out that bottom now, then after the election go. I believe that the most likrly scenario, I posted the chart of previous mid term years. (JMHO)

#32 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 06:10 PM

Difference between now and June is that the utilities are leading. So when this reverese you will see a sharper bounce and one frought with volatilty. I think the best we could hope for ST is too hammer out a solid bottom, minimum of 1 more back test. Earnings season holds the hardest comps, with probabl minimal guidance. Hammer out that bottom now, then after the election go. I believe that the most likrly scenario, I posted the chart of previous mid term years. (JMHO)

Actually, let me go a little further with that If you don't see them kitchen sinking it this earnings season, next earnings season will be the one. (JMHO)

#33 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 06:17 PM

There are positive divergences forming on the weekly, will it hold the test of the 200??  https://schrts.co/eCnZuAiJ

#34 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for holding down the fort, everyone.

Key to this week's trading will be sector rotation.  I believe we're going to see rotation out of energy (up 16-20% last week) into a tech bounce.  Sold my TSLA puts and kept all other shorts.  Added SCO, DUG.  Will be looking for new entries on the short side, as there's further downside to go.

There was a panel at ChartCon discussing analogies between trading and flying.  (Apparently, many traders are hobby pilots).  Suffice it to say that if you're not using TA tools, you are at a huge disadvantage in these dangerous markets.  No different than flying blind.  ninja.gif

Edited by beta, 09 October 2022 - 06:21 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#35 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,867 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 06:27 PM

There are positive divergences forming on the weekly, will it hold the test of the 200??  https://schrts.co/eCnZuAiJ

Compare the NDX weekly with 1929 daily...

I just posted it on the Gold board as the 87 / 29 analog topic came up...there are a few posts on the subject.

https://www.traders-...erous/?p=877005

Literally 1 false step here leads to likely disaster.

Now we see if bears can actually push it over the edge next few weeks.

In my mind, all about seeing what VIX does here dead ahead.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#36 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,867 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 06:35 PM

BTC hourly....sitting right on the big 19400 level...

This thing is also 1 false step away from total calamity....

Bulls not safe AT ALL unless 20 K reclaimed.

btc.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#37 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,867 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 06:43 PM

Dow 2 hour continuous look...

All I see so far is wickedly bearish action sticks

30K is what bulls need to reclaim to have any chance of preventing this thing from going over the edge in a non-linear break...

Certainly not impossible. but at very high risk until that actually happens.

dow.png

#38 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,867 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 06:49 PM

NDX much closer to the break point..

And FWIW, NYFANG Big 10 index already took out the swing lows on Friday....

ndx2.png

#39 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,867 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 06:56 PM

Crude....see if we get the confirmation breach like we saw on UNH and TSLA

Much shorter time frame here, but always have to be alert when these guys show up after a big ramp job...

CRude.png

#40 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,867 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 07:07 PM

Yen approaching the swing lows again...

See if BOJ tries to give it another go at intervention that will fail at the end of the day....

BOJ not in enviable position right now dealing with a collapsing currency while traders relentlessly bang away on the 10 year cap...

Just a matter of time......