is it down enough

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 10:40 PM

I also show VIX momo turning positive ( or I guess negative :-) ) ..here' simple signal I use part of my Volatility model .

Overall model shows we are 'trying' to make an IT low ..but the setup is not good and I expect a failed attempt over this and next week though

i'd like to be wrong and we get a big bounce.

Can't seem to get this image to show ....but here is link.

https://mark_davidson1-yahoo.tinytake.com/msc/NzQ3MjI2M18yMDM4NzkzNg

IF that turn back up does not mainfest...crashes happen on violation of support that no one thinks can be Broken...AKA last Thursday low.

If we are below that low from here forward going into the weekend....sure would line up with the Dark Days....woo woo

Anyway, if this overnight action on TSLA sticks, and breaks below the lows tomorrow..be very careful going into the weekend.

Yes Kwave - a failure of  the current low  on  historical backtest of my model, would give a pattern setup only seen approximately 4 times in 100 years, and was extremely bearish longer term in those cases.

A failure would likely not be immediate though, and take a few weeks with multiple attempts to hold this Key 3400-3500 pivot. Essentially that setup without going into all the conditions is a 'failure to make an

IT low' at this point in a bear market. My model is giving very high odds that will be the case here as said over next week or so but i'd expect more attempts to hold that pivot if/when we retest it that is

part of the pattern setup.

The main reason that I think it could possibly come faster, as perhaps a multi-week, "crash" is RUT.

That one has already done a lot of work under the 200 week, with that huge air gap underneath in the weekly chart.

As you say, very rare setup, but IF a "crash" on the weekly charts is a comin', this is exactly the type of place it would occur.

Am not ruling out something along these lines if Thursday low is busted.  Extreme, but certainly not impossible as the biggest funny money bubble in the history of the world implodes.

RUT.png

Edited by K Wave, 19 October 2022 - 10:41 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#12 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 10:46 PM

Although certainly possible it could manifest more like TLT after the 200 week breach.

Which took only a few weeks more to complete the trip through the weekly "crash window", and then Kept on Truckin'.

In any event, IF last Thursday low gets taken out...EXTREME caution is warranted.

tlt.png

Edited by K Wave, 19 October 2022 - 10:49 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#13 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 11:23 PM

THAT there could be THE pivot for Rusty going forward.

As long as bulls hold this overnight turn attempt, they can avoid disaster.

But if that pivot does not hold...could be a very different story.

RUT.png

#14 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 11:36 PM

Could it all come down to whether this is a Pop N Drop, or a Pop N Go on Rusty here?

RUT.png

#15 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 12:16 AM

Looking like successful save so far....

1720 area on this chart likely very big now going forward.

Perhaps bulls do make it all the way to 1800, where they would face perhaps their toughest challenge

RUT.png

#16 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 12:19 AM

Rut 2 hour...1720 breach, and likely down...

1800 breach, if it happened, could turn tide for bulls more intermediate term.

Hugely important zone here....

RUT.png

#17 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 02:51 AM

Bulls attempt real close to flaming out....careful under the yellow line...

RUT.png

#18 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 12:50 PM

Potential setup here - rising wedge .

https://mark_davidson1-yahoo.tinytake.com/msc/NzQ4MTUwOF8yMDQwMTA2Ng

From intraday comments

Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#19 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 01:50 PM

If 7 out of 9 previous cases I passed a street corner I was beaten up I would be apprehensive the next time. So goes Friday.

#20 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 05:11 PM

Here's an update to that 2 hour chart after the breach...Do Ya Feel Lucky?

RUT.png

Edited by K Wave, 20 October 2022 - 05:11 PM.