CHINA reopening, SPX breaks above 200MA - GRIND UP continues into Q1 2003 TOP

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:02 AM

MUSK said he will relist. He cannot do so before the stipulated break BUT he will repackage in a different entity. Private investors are pressuring him. I will short any new stock from MUSK and his partners.

In the interim, TESLA is a proxy to SHORT MUSK.

TWITTER stock? I am trying very hard NOT TO SHORT it so I will wait ....   until this phase of the market - the rally peaks. Cannot time it perfectly but will start to buy TESLA PUTS above 55 of traded

@AdamMancini4

Have a great weekend! As all see, #ES_F hit its bear channel. Test #3 of 2022. Channels *very* often breakout on test #3, but must base 1st Plan next week: Build a base. As long as 4040-50 holds: 4100, dip, breakout to 4150+ in play. 4040 fails, we see 3965. Uptrend ends below

Ok. How do you short a stock of a delisted company?lighten.gif

#12 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,032 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:26 AM

As Chinese central government now allows the local governments to make modifications on the COVID policies more and more cities and regions there are actively pushing for reopening.  Good for the global economy......................... 

#13 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:19 AM

Interesting that the market is down with the big rally in chinese stocks overnight but not surprising as we are starting to focus more on upcoming earnings and what happens next year, not just pushing the market up because its the end of the year.  Bond yields remain the most important thing right now.  This as I've said a million times is a grind market and don't think it will change at all for a long time to come.  There is going to be some whopper rallies and whopper sell offs up and down, going nowhere in the end.  Think we could see some more upside but if the market is smart it won't rally much to make for a better year next.  I was short going into this morning and just flipped to long when my "profit stops" at 4047 were hit.

Personally I think thoughts are changing about china more and more as companies leave there and go other places for manufacturing as the world realizes more and more that we need to take back control and use friendlier countries to deal with.  The chinese experiment was that they would move away from communism years back when everyone used them for manufacturing but now that more and more things become realized that they aren't really our friends, more and more companies are leaving.  Gonna be interesting next year.  That's another thing I think will be interesting as the everything bubble continues to implode next year as people adjust to a more normal lifestyle because interest rates are too high to buy toys now. 

#14 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:42 AM

Well how about that, will go short later on as call prices remain elevated here in my belief but until then, profit stop 4050...

#15 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:49 AM

And out for 3 points back in starting a build at 4047...

#16 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:05 AM

Well that was easy, long at 4035...

#17 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,032 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:07 AM

Likely a range bound market where dips will be bought and bounces will be sold till CPI out on the Nov 13th ...........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 05 December 2022 - 10:08 AM.

#18 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:38 AM

MUSK said he will relist. He cannot do so before the stipulated break BUT he will repackage in a different entity. Private investors are pressuring him. I will short any new stock from MUSK and his partners.

In the interim, TESLA is a proxy to SHORT MUSK.

Good luck, he is going to take over the whole news industry.

#19 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,032 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:41 AM

Likely a range bound market where dips will be bought and bounces will be sold till CPI out on the Nov 13th ...........................

Sorry for the typo, I meant till CPI out on the Dec. 13th.

#20 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:43 AM

profit stop 4040 lol!!