Very Large 8 month T almost complete

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 850 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 03:21 PM

First a quick review. On September 26th I posted that a T was forming showing a bottom. We quickly rallied strongly right after, but then came down to new lows in October for an even better bottom and stronger rally. On November 18th I noted an approximate 4 month T showing a top and the market range traded for a few weeks before declining later in December. I also mistakenly said that I use $NYUD in addition to $NYMO for confirmation when in fact I use the McClellan Volume oscillator. I also don't use the MACD for the T but rather the actual McClellan oscillator to build the T. This one looks like a good one. Very symmetrical with an extremely large range. It was 82 trading days from the May top of the $NYMO to the September bottom of the $NYMO. 82 days from the bottom projects to January 24th. Lets see what transpires, but I think it has a chance to be relatively timely. I still think we have a chance of a 40 week cycle low around late February and I think there's a good chance of an ugly last 3 weeks of February. Breadth has been very impressive so we'll have to see just how much damage we can have. Chart is below with the McClellan volume oscillator on top and the McClellan oscillator on the bottom. They confirm each other. I will come back in late February early March to review or to respond to a reply here.

Now a final comment about blustar. I have had him on ignore for a very long time, but made the mistake of reading his posts the last couple of months. Fib was nice enough to tell him his predictions were not going to happen a few weeks ago and of course Fib was right. I fully support everyone's right to make as many crazy outlandish predictions as they want no matter how often they are wrong, but blustar has a fee based subscription service and you would think that when a professional makes a post, that they at least have spent time reviewing all the charts and statistics before posting their thoughts on market direction. I've been reading Marks posts and weekly sentiment letter for a very long time and I can't remember him ever saying something with regards to the market and then 2 days later saying that he looked a little more closely and saw something different. Come on man!! That's unprofessional. Fib would never do that. You can always trust what he says and Mark too. Sorry if I think that people selling services should be held to a modestly higher standard and hopefully posts things that might be helpful to the community. Anyway I promise this time to not read anymore of blustars posts so you won't have to worry about me criticizing a blustar post and I don't believe I've ever criticized anybody else's post before. I wish everyone success. All the best.

Allan

03qvPw2t_o.png

Edited by Spectacular Bid, 15 January 2023 - 03:24 PM.

#2 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 05:10 PM

Yikes! did Blustar shoot your dog or something? numchuk.gif

I find it's better to :

-  not read anything, I don't want to read - is that too simple?

-  and to not comment on analysis I disagree with since I have to respect others ability to make up their own minds, plus it would be full time job :-)

I am against censorship, i'd rather know what someone thinks than not, even if I find it borderline crazy.

Thanks for the T work, forgotten' about Terry T's they are interesting - it's probably the only form of TA I haven't analyzed ...but since NYMO/Summations are without doubt predictive, and I also see patterns

in it, I could see why T would have utility ...it will be interesting to see how this one plays out, especially as your analysis and timing gels quite a bit with my own model/expectations here.

Edited by EntropyModel, 15 January 2023 - 05:11 PM.

Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#3 GDA

GDA

• Traders-Talk User
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 01:30 AM

For me, the problem with Blu is his constant and not so subtle trolling for subscribers.

Not to mention the incessant mention of "subs".

Reading his analysis makes one strongly doubt he ever had any.

#4 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 07:11 AM

First a quick review. On September 26th I posted that a T was forming showing a bottom. We quickly rallied strongly right after, but then came down to new lows in October for an even better bottom and stronger rally. On November 18th I noted an approximate 4 month T showing a top and the market range traded for a few weeks before declining later in December. I also mistakenly said that I use $NYUD in addition to $NYMO for confirmation when in fact I use the McClellan Volume oscillator. I also don't use the MACD for the T but rather the actual McClellan oscillator to build the T. This one looks like a good one. Very symmetrical with an extremely large range. It was 82 trading days from the May top of the $NYMO to the September bottom of the $NYMO. 82 days from the bottom projects to January 24th. Lets see what transpires, but I think it has a chance to be relatively timely. I still think we have a chance of a 40 week cycle low around late February and I think there's a good chance of an ugly last 3 weeks of February. Breadth has been very impressive so we'll have to see just how much damage we can have. Chart is below with the McClellan volume oscillator on top and the McClellan oscillator on the bottom. They confirm each other. I will come back in late February early March to review or to respond to a reply here.

Now a final comment about blustar. I have had him on ignore for a very long time, but made the mistake of reading his posts the last couple of months. Fib was nice enough to tell him his predictions were not going to happen a few weeks ago and of course Fib was right. I fully support everyone's right to make as many crazy outlandish predictions as they want no matter how often they are wrong, but blustar has a fee based subscription service and you would think that when a professional makes a post, that they at least have spent time reviewing all the charts and statistics before posting their thoughts on market direction. I've been reading Marks posts and weekly sentiment letter for a very long time and I can't remember him ever saying something with regards to the market and then 2 days later saying that he looked a little more closely and saw something different. Come on man!! That's unprofessional. Fib would never do that. You can always trust what he says and Mark too. Sorry if I think that people selling services should be held to a modestly higher standard and hopefully posts things that might be helpful to the community. Anyway I promise this time to not read anymore of blustars posts so you won't have to worry about me criticizing a blustar post and I don't believe I've ever criticized anybody else's post before. I wish everyone success. All the best.

Allan

03qvPw2t_o.png

Funny, I've always found internet message boards to be the most reliable source of market advice. Ya get what yaa pay for!

Edited by slupert, 16 January 2023 - 07:12 AM.

#5 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 850 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 08:00 AM

Yikes! did Blustar shoot your dog or something? You mean the dream I had where he shot my dog wasn't real. 😎 Funny, I've always found internet message boards to be the most reliable source of market advice. Ya get what yaa pay for! Well said.😊

#6 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 10:25 AM

Allan

03qvPw2t_o.png

Allan

03qvPw2t_o.png

Funny I have posted a Jan 24-25 low just recently. I made a mistake but have owned up to it

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#7 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 11:08 AM

Ya I'm with entropy, everyone has the right to an opinion right or wrong, its easy to just ignore it or read it as contrary if you want!!  It's easy to have an opinion about anything and in my view unless you put your trades up here subscribers or not its just noise.  There's always something a person can take out of an opinion and that's all they are right or wrong.

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 11:54 AM

Some may think that I usually just disagree with everybody ...but I don't agree.  

But I do appreciate a variety of opinions especially, if they are explained with some reasoning because it has helped me improve.

If someone here was always correct, I guess they would be living on their private island by now.

We had a guy like that posting here a few years ago. He was a programming genius.

He sold his financial programs to the big boys who contractually required that he stop public posting.

You will see his name in the credits of many Disney and Pixar animated movies.

As I remember, one of his programs produced the realistic hair on the big guy in Monsters Inc.when computer animation was in it's infancy.

Monsters-inc.jpg

His market algorithms may be some of the ones we fight against now!

So to everyone, keep posting and sharing.

But for now I have a private jet to Bora Bora that I have to board...(if security doesn't catch me first.)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 January 2023 - 11:55 AM.

#9 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 850 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 01:13 PM

Don't worry guys. I won't be reading his stuff ,therefore I won't be commenting on him ever again and I do wish him well. He does seem like a nice enough fellow.

#10 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 02:21 PM

Ya I'm with entropy, everyone has the right to an opinion right or wrong, its easy to just ignore it or read it as contrary if you want!!  It's easy to have an opinion about anything and in my view unless you put your trades up here subscribers or not its just noise.  There's always something a person can take out of an opinion and that's all they are right or wrong.

My trade is UVIX at 5.17 and I'm down about 19-20%, but believe it will hit 10+ by Jan 25

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions