ST RESISTANCE then RALLY RESUMES

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 07:53 AM

I am bullish for 2023 but not tp the extent of new SPX highs during next 11.5 months this year

$SPX $SPY I need a pullback to confirm this structure but this is the count I am looking at which favours the October lows I posted this count a few weeks back as an alt
If the next pullback confirms to be corrective I will long SPY at (ii) to ride it to new highs

#12 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,647 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 07:59 AM

Meanwhile, MS who seems to have far better take on things than GS in general lately...beats..

https://twitter.com/...ICwsd7G5eosAAAA

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#13 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,647 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 08:02 AM

I am bullish for 2023 but not tp the extent of new SPX highs during next 11.5 months this year

$SPX $SPY I need a pullback to confirm this structure but this is the count I am looking at which favours the October lows I posted this count a few weeks back as an alt
If the next pullback confirms to be corrective I will long SPY at (ii) to ride it to new highs

Am watching that FTSE real close here....could still possibly top right here...but if starts blowing to day after day new ATH, probably best pay attention

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 08:52 AM

FED has to raise by ONLY 25bps in Feb, or no hike, because it will risk overtightening. WHY? THIS IS REAL, NOT Talk:

New York Empire State factory gauge drops sharply in January signaling deep contraction in activity
Last Updated: Jan. 17, 2023 at 8:37 a.m. ET
First Published: Jan. 17, 2023 at 8:33 a.m. ET
comments
Headline index falls to negative 32.9, lowest since the worst of the pandemic
https://www.marketwa...ity-11673962404

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 09:07 AM

This is INSANE! YEN could spike up & JAPAN lose control of their bond market.

Now, the central bank reluctantly finds itself in control of over half of the entire bond market more than even Japans bureaucratic bankers find comfortable:
The bank, likely to keep its interest rates at 0.1%, is now weighing its YCC options and is reportedly considering both increasing its tolerance range to plus-or-minus 0.75% and scrapping the policy altogether.
Domestic investors are viewing the latter scenario as another in-effect rate hike, according to Bank of America Global Research economists. In turn, the economists expect that ending the policy outright could sharply affect Japanese stocks to the tune of a 3% decline in the Tokyo Stock Price Index, or TOPIX.
If, Not Yen: The fiscal policy finetuning has had at least one solidly positive effect so far for Japan: the yen is up nearly 14% against the US dollar in the past three months after it fell to its lowest point since 1998 in September. Kuroda, whos exiting his post this Spring, can at least claim that victory before retirement. He can also finally claim a spot in the limelight at Davos on Friday, where he will appear after the BoJ meeting concludes. Rarely has a BoJ chief made it to the top of the A-List at star-studded Davos, so we hope he doesnt miss all the fun.
- Brian Boyle

#16 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 09:39 AM

The market is in ST way over-bought conditions, so it's likely to see some consolidation here ..................

Edited by redfoliage2, 17 January 2023 - 09:45 AM.

#17 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 09:55 AM

The market is in ST way over-bought conditions, so it's likely to see some consolidation here ..................

Another guy trying to steal my grind grind grind, so wish you guys would stick to your predictions, always flip when the market doesn't continue in your direction lol.  I went into the weekend short at 4005 as posted, back and forth small profits and posted on here now still short at 4020.   

#18 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,647 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 09:58 AM

there's the big back test on GS...

bears break that, then they perhaps got something to say...

#19 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 10:05 AM

Well that was easy, average short now 4025....

#20 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,647 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 10:15 AM

GS maybe...

Now see if UNH lets go here...