ST RESISTANCE then RALLY RESUMES

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#51 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 03:02 PM

grind grind grind...  Nonetheless, I'm headed to tennis so if hit I'll be selling higher, off to tennis!!! 

#52 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 04:13 PM

Choppy 2 to 3 hours there that was annoying as I mainly daytraded after closing LONGS. 

I was somewhat doubtful but I am now satisfied I did the best I could and was right to close those LONGS

Had fun with the TESLA Spread that exploded today. Closed all 5 CALLS and 3 PUTS. Left 2 PUTS on the table with very low residual value, minimal loss if it goes to zero. 

BULLS have a slight edge but the markets looked tired... this usually precedes an explosive move UP or DOWN. I think it goes down for at least 1 or 2 days

Almost 3% account profit in January 2023. Want to bank all of it, Will close positions from now, ASAP.

#53 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 07:59 PM

He is CAUTIOUS!  buy!   marko, THE pERFECT CONTRARIAN !

“We remain cautious on risk assets and are reluctant to chase the past weeks’ rally as recession and overtightening risks remain high… a lot of good news is already in the price in terms of inflation moderation or the potential for a soft landing” JPMorgan’s Marko Kolanovic

“We remain cautious on risk assets and are reluctant to chase the past weeks’ rally as recession and overtightening risks remain high… a lot of good news is already in the price in terms of inflation moderation or the potential for a soft landing” JPMorgan’s Marko Kolanovic

#54 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 08:03 PM

LOOKS LIKE A BUSY asian SESSION, WILLTRADE IT until about 12 

an almost "sure" signal: reversal from nosebleed zone above 300

McClellanOsc_1469.gif

#55 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 08:05 PM

also here:

https://www.marketin...llan-oscillator

McClellanOsc_1469.gif

#56 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 08:06 PM

A/D bullish divergence [slight] still exist....

https://www.marketin...ce-decline-line

also here:

https://www.marketin...llan-oscillator

McClellanOsc_1469.gif

#57 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 08:08 PM

Closing update: Pinned all day in 4k-4020 chop zone as #ES_F waits on a catalyst for its next big leg. Same drill and 4045 in play as long as 4k holds, with 4k fail finally triggering the leg down.

Closing update: Pinned all day in 4k-4020 chop zone as #ES_F waits on a catalyst for its next big leg. Same drill and 4045 in play as long as 4k holds, with 4k fail finally triggering the leg down.

#58 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 07:18 AM

Jonathan Ferro (@FerroTV) tweeted at 6:12 am on Tue, Jan 17, 2023:

"Bear markets are like a Hall of Mirrors, designed to confuse investors and take their money. Trust YOUR fundamental process. For us, margins/earnings are likely to significantly disappoint whether there is a recession, or not"

Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson

#59 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 07:36 AM

PPI, RETAIL SALES
The U.S. releases retail sales data for December at 08:30 ET (13:30 GMT), in the latest test of the ability of the U.S. consumer to keep spending despite the economic slowdown.

Analysts expect a 0.8% drop in sales values, which would translate into a slightly smaller drop in sales volumes given the 0.1% drop in consumer prices last month.

There will also be producer price inflation data for December, where a drop of 0.1% is expected. If confirmed, that would take the PPI to its lowest level in 18 months, adding to evidence that the expansion of profit margins which drove inflation during the pandemic is now rapidly reversing.

2. There is no Japanese word for 'pivot'

The Bank of Japan kept its monetary policy unchanged, defying expectations that it would relax its cap on long-term bond yields.

Financial markets had bet heavily on the BoJ abandoning its policy of yield-curve control, and the decision prompted some rapid unwinding of speculative positions in the yen, whose rock-bottom interest makes it the funding currency of choice for many rate-based trades.

The dollar rose as much as 2% against the yen in the wake of the BoJs decisions but later gave up more than half of its gains to trade up 0.9% by 06:15 ET. That suggests that the market still wants to test the BoJs resolve to defend an upper limit of 0.5% to 10-year Japanese bond yields. The BoJ has spent over $260 billion in December on keeping yields down, and now owns over half of the whole JGB market.

#60 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 08:41 AM

Extremely bullish reports!
If market does not rally at least 1% tiday then a bigger pullback begins..