ST RESISTANCE then RALLY RESUMES

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#61 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 08:51 AM

Will Options Expiration Derail This Breakout?

BOWLEY: I'm always nervous when the stock market advances for 2-3 weeks and into options-expiration week. It leaves market makers the opportunity to manipulate prices lower to eliminate a big portion of in-the-money call premium.

#62 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:19 AM

You gotta love grind markets for trading and watching option premium decay but what you gotta love more is the Australian tennis tournament!!!  Bad thing is you stay up to late watching so its hard to get up in the morning lol!! Was great watching and trading on my phone though as I had my 4020 short posted on here but unofficially I took profits at 4000 for 20 points!!  I then started building my new short with rogue trades and with the pop after the news this morning I have an average short going into the open of 4020 once again.  I would have profit stopped after the pop then decline but was making coffee lol!!  Nonetheless I'm sure volatility will hit again after the cash open as I'm still seeing calls to expensive with puts practically worthless.  Plus as d pointed out, the market is getting pretty overbought here and all I'm still reading is the space shuttle is trying to get off the ground lol!!  With expiration coming this Friday I'm sure there will be some adjustments coming. 

#63 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:54 AM

Here's one for opinions...  Bullard just came out and said that there are high odds for a soft landing!!  I cannot believe for the life of me going from .25% to 4.5% with record debt levels and making a new record for rate increases is going to create a soft landing in the end.  Do believe inflation is going to go down but as I said the second part of the blowup of the everything bubble is just starting with the economy.  This is going to be a very interesting year gotta say!!  

#64 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 10:03 AM

And just like that average short 4025 lol!! 

#65 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 10:05 AM

limit orders for TESLA MARCH 140 PUT
Should fill the first 2 if TESLA trades above 136.75

#66 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 10:06 AM

This market should be spiking to above ES 4075 but it is not. Very skittish market

Here's one for opinions...  Bullard just came out and said that there are high odds for a soft landing!!  I cannot believe for the life of me going from .25% to 4.5% with record debt levels and making a new record for rate increases is going to create a soft landing in the end.  Do believe inflation is going to go down but as I said the second part of the blowup of the everything bubble is just starting with the economy.  This is going to be a very interesting year gotta say!!  

#67 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 10:12 AM

Housing, transport and bonds running?

#68 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 10:18 AM

Housing, transport and bonds running?

Resources strong since November

RIO FCX BHP WPM SCCO VALE

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#69 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 10:39 AM

Oh my whats this lol!!  Profit stop 4020, sell above....

#70 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 10:46 AM

profit stop 4115...