Photo

FED tilts, WSJ - MARKET again near STRONG RESISTANCE: HUGE RALLY if resistance taken ou

• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#201 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:32 PM

How Softy breaks from here may tell the tale...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#202 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:35 PM

It looks like the market is discounting this quarter earning misses and lower future guidance. It wants to go higher.

#203 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:47 PM

It looks like the market is discounting this quarter earning misses and lower future guidance. It wants to go higher.

Not quite far enough away from the edge just yet to say that.

Especially when Mr. Hangman shows up....

See how tomorrow goes.

Edited by K Wave, 25 January 2023 - 03:47 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#204 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:53 PM

Naz 15 min...just ping pong today....no winner yet...

#205 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:56 PM

No late afternoon launch by Softie after recovering 240...

Going to be interesting to see how that mess of a chart cleans itself up over next few days.

#206 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 04:42 PM

Electric vehicle maker Tesla reported earnings after the bell, beating on both earnings and revenue. Shares were trading approximately flat after hours. Here are the results.

• Earnings (adjusted): $1.19 vs $1.13 per share expected, per Refinitiv
  • Revenue: $24.32 billion vs $24.16 billion expected, per Refinitiv

In the year-ago quarter, Tesla reported revenue of $17.72 billion and adjusted earnings of $2.52 per share.

Source:  

https://www.cnbc.com...gs-q4-2022.html

#207 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 06:32 PM

Electric vehicle maker Tesla reported earnings after the bell, beating on both earnings and revenue. Shares were trading approximately flat after hours. Here are the results.

• Earnings (adjusted): $1.19 vs $1.13 per share expected, per Refinitiv
  • Revenue: $24.32 billion vs $24.16 billion expected, per Refinitiv

In the year-ago quarter, Tesla reported revenue of $17.72 billion and adjusted earnings of $2.52 per share.

Source:  

https://www.cnbc.com...gs-q4-2022.html

The long term problem with Tesla is this.

Toyota 270B in Sales P/S now at 0.77

Tesla market cap TODAY if sales were 270B equals 1.73 P/S or well over double Toyota, and Tesla sales nowhere near 270B, although possible they could get there someday.

Where is the long term value at these prices?

Does not mean it can't be a great trading vehicle, just do not see the long term attraction people have to it anymore.

And don't even look at GM with a P/S of .35

Current Tesla P/S on soon similar revenue to GM (before Tesla gets its lunch eaten by a slew of competitors over next few years), 6.4

I like Tesla cars, I just am not going to buy one, as I have my eye on much nicer competitors. And I assume there are many others like me.

Tesla is far from the only game in town now.

Rivian R1S vs Model X =  no brainer

GMC Denali Electric vs that abomination called a Cyber Truck = another no brainer

Edited by K Wave, 25 January 2023 - 06:36 PM.

#208 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:45 PM

Finally jumped on the Nat Gas at 2.85 March...getting a bit overdone...though could still have some washout left.

Trying to bottom pick here, will add more when I see signs of actual upturn.

#209 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:47 PM

In any event, yet another inflation item down a measly 70+%

#210 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:52 PM

When was the last time Nat Gas collapsed like this...Oh that's right, 2008