BUY THE DIP! FED will not tighten now

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#21 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,578 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:15 AM

Good Monday morning, slow start whew.  At a play really late that a friend was in!!  Still have my long on from last week with a profit stop of 4000 right now but is tempting to go short just not yet.  Not surprising as bond yields are down so much so of course stocks are going to move up on that note but believe me volatility is going to kick in for sure as we enter March.  For now I'd take the rally as options are remaining kinda neutral no extremes in bullishness or bearishness. 

Still believe the same thing Pdx, if the Fed lifts to much it will create a recession.  I have realized that with house prices not nearly as high as up here it might not be as bad but even down there it could be bad.  Been awhile but the average mortgage in Canada is about 650,000 and I believe America is around half that.  Maybe someone could update that for me.  Anyhow, the higher the rates the harder the slowdown in my view and why I say eventually the market could see a -50% haircut, just not yet...

#22 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:30 AM

Bulls got a sweet little turn, but you had to stay up late to get it...just woke up, and I am definitely not stopped out!

And not just indexes, but metals like PL also with nice recovery after horrible drops.

So that is the big pivot now....see how far bulls can get now.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#23 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:35 AM

SOX looking like it has  a shot at blowing out 3K upside....

If that happens, would a big step for bulls

Failure to do so could put ball right back in bears hands....

Edited by K Wave, 27 February 2023 - 09:35 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#24 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:38 AM

TSLA did indeed jump that creek...if it can get past 204, could be substantially more upside..

And again here, bull failure could put ball right back in bears hands...

#25 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:40 AM

giving it a few more minutes, but SOX not overpowering on the upside just yet here...

#26 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:43 AM

BRK very tame reaction to the report over the weekend

Someone needs to tell BRK, but I guess it IS the market now :lol:

#27 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:47 AM

1900 BIG level here on Rusty....bulls need to hold the backtest

#28 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:52 AM

1900 BIG level here on Rusty....bulls need to hold the backtest

So far so good...

#29 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:54 AM

AMZN must get back above 96 for bulls to have any real chance...and GOOGL still a long way from 94

#30 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,578 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:54 AM

Boom out for a nice 33 point profit and starting my short build on the ES at 4010....