FEAR of CONTAGION: Banking & Crypto possible intervention

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#21 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 05:44 AM

Note McOsc is now below -300, in the reversal zone, been there only a few times in recent months.

https://www.mcoscill...t_breadth_data/

#22 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 06:47 AM

No rate hike???
Why aren't ES FUTURES SOARING?
Wow.

GOLDMAN: In light of recent stress in the banking system, we no longer expect the #FOMC to deliver a rate hike at its March 22 meeting with considerable uncertainty about the path beyond March. [Hatzius]

#23 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:00 AM

I MUST & WILL BUY AT LEVELS BELOW FRIDAY'S CLOSE

No rate hike???
Wow.

GOLDMAN: In light of recent stress in the banking system, we no longer expect the #FOMC to deliver a rate hike at its March 22 meeting with considerable uncertainty about the path beyond March. [Hatzius]

#24 jacek

jacek

• Traders-Talk User
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:06 AM

No rate hike???
Wow.

CPI tomorrow will be key.

#25 jacek

jacek

• Traders-Talk User
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:10 AM

I MUST & WILL BUY AT LEVELS BELOW FRIDAY'S CLOSE

No rate hike???
Wow.

Let's whether this was the FED's intended message

Mohamed A. El-Erian

@elerianm
·
5h
With the US #SVB-related bailout going beyond what many expected, markets see it as more than protecting deposits and small #tech The immediate move in 2-year bonds points to the view that,by treating this as a systemic threat,the #Fed will also retreat from its #inflation battle

#26 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:45 AM

Will close 1 es hedge short 100 plus points profit, reopen above 3925

Will also close 1 nq hedge short 300 plus points peofit, reopen above 12200

2each ES & NQ HEDGE SHORT
ADDED HSI LONG

WILL ADD MORE LONGS BELOW ES 3885 if traded
Note ESM1 is the contract I am trading, rolled last week.

ADDED 1 NQ HEDGE SHORT
WILD!

WILL ADD 1 ES SHORT HEDGE ABOVE 3960 if traded

#27 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:46 AM

TLT UP AGAIN, WILL CLOSE A FEW CALLS

WILL ADD MORE UVXY PUTS

#28 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,555 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 08:28 AM

Still on vacation, it seems every time I go on holiday since 2008 a crisis appears lol!!  Were now in Sedona after watching great tennis in Indian Wells for a few days before we head up to see the Grand Canyon and Moab Valley before heading home.  The whole financial  melt down in 2008 occurred while I was taking my family across Canada to take my kids to play at Celtic Colours in Cape Breton lol!!  The last time I was in Palm Springs for the tennis tournament in 2020 the covid meltdown happened lol!!  And now we have the svb regional banks thing going.  This is not a crisis at all however as its obvious svb was just poorly managed.  The best news is its now a great time to sell way out of the money puts as people have made this a 2008 event and its not.  Bonds are indicating that rate rises s should be done and the best thing is that this whole thing is suddenly going to help inflation start to fall as I've been saying it will over time.  However, this also means were back to the grind, the slowdown and the drip drip drip lower of the market.  Mostly just back to the grind and sideways action.  I have been trading a little with longs here and there and you'll be glad to know that at the highs last night I took off my longs for a slight loss of -15 points since I was on holidays ending my 30 month winning streak but I am on holidays.  Tempted to go long here but I am on holidays so don't want to have to deal with it so just sell way out of the money puts.  In the end I wouldn't be surprised we'll be higher by the end of the week though just saying.  At the least volatility is going to be huge I suspect, wish I was home to trade it properly lol!!!   

#29 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 08:47 AM

This is panic now. The hedge Fund industry is made up of low IQ morons.

#30 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 08:52 AM

Back to 2 es & 2 nq hedge shorts

Big long positions

Will add hedge shorts much higher, above es 3950 if traded today