redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 11:03 AM

I MUST & WILL BUY AT LEVELS BELOW FRIDAY'S CLOSE

No rate hike???
Why aren't ES FUTURES SOARING?
Wow.

GOLDMAN: In light of recent stress in the banking system, we no longer expect the #FOMC to deliver a rate hike at its March 22 meeting with considerable uncertainty about the path beyond March. [Hatzius]

Let's whether this was the FED's intended message

Mohamed A. El-Erian

@elerianm
·
5h
With the US #SVB-related bailout going beyond what many expected, markets see it as more than protecting deposits and small #tech The immediate move in 2-year bonds points to the view that,by treating this as a systemic threat,the #Fed will also retreat from its #inflation battle

I agree the Fed will be less aggressive at the next meeting, and so today low may well be the low for a while  ........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 March 2023 - 11:05 AM.

#32 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 11:30 AM

Very risky & dangerous market, BUT IN SIMILAR SITUATIONS AS THIS ONE, one does not FIGHT THE FED, BIG MONEY, AND THE GOVERNMENT.

HENCE, I WILL BUILD BIG LONG POSITIONS with partial hedges.

#33 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 11:32 AM

Jerome Powell has no choice to pause... even for one month. GO LONG.. . but got to manage trades.

I MUST & WILL BUY AT LEVELS BELOW FRIDAY'S CLOSE

No rate hike???
Why aren't ES FUTURES SOARING?
Wow.

GOLDMAN: In light of recent stress in the banking system, we no longer expect the #FOMC to deliver a rate hike at its March 22 meeting with considerable uncertainty about the path beyond March. [Hatzius]

Let's whether this was the FED's intended message

Mohamed A. El-Erian

@elerianm

·

5h

With the US #SVB-related bailout going beyond what many expected, markets see it as more than protecting deposits and small #tech The immediate move in 2-year bonds points to the view that,by treating this as a systemic threat,the #Fed will also retreat from its #inflation battle

I agree the Fed will be less aggressive at the next meeting, and so today low may well be the low for a while  ........................

#34 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 12:33 PM

I'd expect a big rally tomorrow upon a lower CPI ....................................

#35 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 01:00 PM

I'd expect a big rally tomorrow upon a lower CPI ....................................

yes.gif

#36 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 01:11 PM

BTW, CPI out tomorrow it's likely lower according to some credible research .............................

#37 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 03:08 PM

10 KRE CALLS only new position opened today

Added to LONGS...
CLOSED 4 TLT CALLS

ADDED UVXY PUTS

2 each nq & es HEDGE SHORT

NEED sleep, trading again tonight when Chinese/HSI market opens

#38 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 03:10 PM

FED covering their arssess With a FED PROBE of FED handling of SVB

Worst FED EVER

#39 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:54 PM

Here's the problem with the big up move.

Dow Cash has now BUSTED a huge support zone at the hourly at 32600, along with a broken 4 hour, and next support is not until Daily around 31K

So here is where a multi-timeframe look could be helpful.

It is very reasonable to think market could mini crash to 31K, possibly tomorrow, then a sizable bounce.

And there is also the possibility that Dow just full on plows through the 900 day in beast mode like BKX. But it is my strong suspicion is the daily 900 will hold for at least a bounce.

But being back under the 200 day so close to the 900 day has now put the Dow on very dangerous footing. Can show you countless examples of how this setup has turned out VERY badly over the following months.

Only if bulls can reclaim that 32600 floor do they have a chance of preventing the unfolding waterfall. See how next few weeks play out...

And watch Apple....especially tomorrow. Bulls only chance is to get Apple back above 152, where it failed miserably on multiple attempts at it today.

And if Apple breaks 148, stick a fork in bulls chances, as they will be done.

Here are 1 hour, 4 hour and Daily looks.

1 hour does not "look" done with this breakaway wave...and Daily is calling....

Hourly

4 Hour

Daily

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#40 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 14 March 2023 - 07:52 AM

CPI YOY falls to 6.0% from 6.4%, MOM falls to 0.4% from 0.5%.

Now I'd expect a relief rally in the beaten down bank sector  ..................................................

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 March 2023 - 08:02 AM.