Brrrrr......

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 09:24 AM

I'm under the effect of contagion fear for the future......dark times ahead......the west will go failed.....we all will get back to the age of stone wheel. But in the meanwhile, let me say that being long here is......OK...and I'm happily bullish     

Just to be clear, you are now 100% long again as you have made secret purchases at the lows that you didn't tell us about or you are only partially long having sold at the top but told us about it at the bottom?

#12 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 09:38 AM

I'm under the effect of contagion fear for the future......dark times ahead......the west will go failed.....we all will get back to the age of stone wheel. But in the meanwhile, let me say that being long here is......OK...and I'm happily bullish     

Just to be clear, you are now 100% long again as you have made secret purchases at the lows that you didn't tell us about or you are only partially long having sold at the top but told us about it at the bottom?

little long position compared to the whole amount I can put in........I'm long on a couple of US stocks (position I opened six months ago more or less which I didn't close as I closed only my italian long positions that I opened at the September-October bottom and which were a lot larger) and a German stock. It's a long term trade and I will have time to add......    

however what does it matter where I'm long and how much I am ? I'm saying here and now that the strong hands are building the usual wall of worries and are pushing everybody to the short side......this is what I'm thinking about

Edited by andr99, 15 March 2023 - 09:45 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#13 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 09:49 AM

Time will tell who is right and who is wrong. It's useless to discuss it now. 

Well...you just go right ahead and let us all know when you think it's no longer "useless" to do so.

it's useless until you post on a thread I have started.......it's no longer useless when you give up posting on a thread I have started

No...it's useless when you play your childish game of thinking you know what you're talking about where you actually don't have any real clue and sometimes get lucky.

Fundamental example: things used to be dire when DB was at $5 a share but not today when CS is below $2 and the global banking system is actually falling apart because of the very same political reasons you've shared here in the past that you despise? Additionally, you currently have over half of the major US indexes at new price lows for the year even after a rip-roaring January. Is the U.S. the global leader or not? Who exactly is the cart and the horse?? Your reaction when things go against you? The same old busted remark that includes "mothe@@@@s", blaming all the fish in the sea but not the fisherman himself for his arrogance that all of this is somehow "easy to do" with just a fishing pole, hook, line and sinker.

You bounce around thinking you finally understand technical analysis, sentiment or even Elliott Wave when it's convenient to do so, with these very same claims coming directly after you put such notions in the toilet as being somehow "false" or "useless". Your disrespect for all things market is, well, humorous. You don't want to learn anything. You don't want to put in the time and effort that it takes to just to get by in this business. You're just an intellectual leech that sees something someone else points out as maybe being significant and then tries to pass it off as something that will work in theory just.because you've provided a simplistic price chart with little technical substance....and then you berate others as trying to "sell themselves" when they have a differing, and most times constructive, opinion as a defensive mechanism.

Nope...as I have shared with you in the past, if you continue to make posts on this or any other forum, you will have to be prepared to be taken to task by anyone who reads it, which includes questioning its validity as something that can make them money, and not just a drive-by post with little in the way of actual substance you can learn from.

Anyway, yes, do let us all know when such discussions are no longer "useless" in your opinion....maybe people will respond...maybe not. It will all depend on your humility.

We now all await your usual retort of defiance which will likely include something highly disingenuous.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#14 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 10:05 AM

Time will tell who is right and who is wrong. It's useless to discuss it now. 

Well...you just go right ahead and let us all know when you think it's no longer "useless" to do so.

it's useless until you post on a thread I have started.......it's no longer useless when you give up posting on a thread I have started

No...it's useless when you play your childish game of thinking you know what you're talking about where you actually don't have any real clue and sometimes get lucky.

Fundamental example: things used to be dire when DB was at $5 a share but not today when CS is below $2 and the global banking system is actually falling apart because of the very same political reasons you've shared here in the past that you despise? Additionally, you currently have over half of the major US indexes at new price lows for the year even after a rip-roaring January. Is the U.S. the global leader or not? Who exactly is the cart and the horse?? Your reaction when things go against you? The same old busted remark that includes "mothe@@@@s", blaming all the fish in the sea but not the fisherman himself for his arrogance that all of this is somehow "easy to do" with just a fishing pole, hook, line and sinker.

You bounce around thinking you finally understand technical analysis, sentiment or even Elliott Wave when it's convenient to do so, with these very same claims coming directly after you put such notions in the toilet as being somehow "false" or "useless". Your disrespect for all things market is, well, humorous. You don't want to learn anything. You don't want to put in the time and effort that it takes to just to get by in this business. You're just an intellectual leech that sees something someone else points out as maybe being significant and then tries to pass it off as something that will work in theory just.because you've provided a simplistic price chart with little technical substance....and then you berate others as trying to "sell themselves" when they have a differing, and most times constructive, opinion as a defensive mechanism.

Nope...as I have shared with you in the past, if you continue to make posts on this or any other forum, you will have to be prepared to be taken to task by anyone who reads it, which includes questioning its validity as something that can make them money, and not just a drive-by post with little in the way of actual substance you can learn from.

Anyway, yes, do let us all know when such discussions are no longer "useless" in your opinion....maybe people will respond...maybe not. It will all depend on your humility.

We now all await your usual retort of defiance which will likely include something highly disingenuous.

Fib

I smell BS too Fib. I've been around long enough. easy to see. "I called the bottom, I"m happy to be long" markets crash "oh, glad I sold my longs at the top" There is a reason for two stars

#15 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 10:19 AM

......there's one in this forum who perfectly knows my positions and when they were opened as we are in contact on the message board.......that said you can smell what you want. As for fib....I don't waste my time reading what he posts, but I can easily say that I have never seen a post of his in the past about a trade of his (which I'm not interested on to tell the truth) or a bottom....or a top calling or even a high or a low calling. While dear mr. skott you can go back to October in this forum and you can easily see that I called the bottom. And if I called the bottom, do you want that I don't enter long ? Please.......now smell what you want, it doesn't change anything to me. Ah, fabulous fib, don't waste your time replying to me as I don't waste mine reading your posts. 

BTW.... why you get so angry when someone posts a different point of view to yours, I cannot understand

as for the stars.....I stop here......LOL

Edited by andr99, 15 March 2023 - 10:22 AM.

#16 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 10:22 AM

there is a reason for two stars

#17 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 10:38 AM

there is a reason for two stars

oh yes.......and there is a reason why 98% of traders are always wrong.....in which group are you skott ? In the 2% who are right or in the 98% who are wrong ? 

Edited by andr99, 15 March 2023 - 10:39 AM.

#18 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 10:45 AM

Each situation is different. Last inflation from 1977-1982 had different causes than current situation. In current situation, USA Energy costs doubled and pandemic hit at same time. I expect this inflation to last through 2024. Wage increases are falling behind inflation and therefore even if inflation drops, wages will have to keep rising to make up for lost time.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#19 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 11:21 AM

.. As for fib....I don't waste my time reading what he posts...

Except when you do read my posts, quote the post, and then reply directly to that same post as you did earlier in the thread.

Putting is nicely...you always have been "truthfully challenged" in much of what you post here...including your positions.

To that end...what has been done in the past when things like personal crowing of positions are concerned, we have that person who is being called out to send his confirmed and viable trade or trades directly to Mark for confirmation and either "gotcha" or apologies are then publicly made. So you can settle this with "skott" (and with others with a raised eyebrow)...you have now been challenged to send your trades to Mark for verification. Back out of this question of your credibility, and your two stars will likely become one.

Oh...and just in case you somehow didn't read my post (ha ha), "skott" can make the challenge directly if he wishes to.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#20 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 12:00 PM

oh fib his trades can't be disclosed because he only trades ultra thinly traded shares (who does that anyway?)  If he is going to message his "friend" on the board about his secret trades then keep it to that and don't talk about it here. I call BS and I don't have time for you I just hate to see fakes acting like they are pro's. And what an idiotic thing to compare 2% of winning traders to the two stars rating you have??? That is a measure of your usefullness and integrity. If you were in the top 2% you would have 5 stars

Edited by skott, 15 March 2023 - 12:02 PM.