• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 07:21 PM

maybe uze guys dint notice wats goin on in aht......snort

Now I see it!

Feb 1st    SPX 4119
May 24th SPX 4115

Supermeme-Fails-2.jpg

Please don't bring facts into it Roger, we live in 'pick ur own truth' times.

Nov 31/1st Dec - 4100'ish

Today - 4100'ish

That's 5.5 month of sideways being call a 'bull market' by most here... just sayin'. ..some of us (not many, humility prevents me saying who :-) ) called for a long range ..but no glory being right about that of course.

https://mark_davidson1-yahoo.tinytake.com/msc/ODI2Mjg5MV8yMTQ5NzI5Mw

side ways??   where u been  lolol   last 7 months up 6000 dow pts....make any money???>

Side ways for those with eyes - 4100 then, 4100 now ..5.5months .. them the facts chief ..unless u can show a different chart of SPX?  ..DOw .. why not pick NVDA? :-)

B ut FYI - DOw was HIGHER at Dec 1st than NOW - by several 1000' pts ..  so down for last 5 months or am I wrong?

https://mark_davidson1-yahoo.tinytake.com/msc/ODI2Mjk3NV8yMTQ5NzQzOQ

Money was made playing the range doh duh!

Edited by EntropyModel, 24 May 2023 - 07:28 PM.

Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#12 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 12:26 AM

Feb 1st    SPX 4119
May 24th SPX 4115

Is that inflation adjusted ?

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#13 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:53 AM

a few years ago the spx started to drop from a high of 1600 in 2007 (more or less) to a low of 600 (more or less) in 2009. Then, from the low of 600 in 2009 it took 4 years to visit again its previous 1600 level. What do we call those years that go from 2009 to 2013........a bull trend or sideways action ?  Just asking......

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#14 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:01 AM

a few years ago the spx started to drop from a high of 1600 in 2007 (more or less) to a low of 600 (more or less) in 2009. Then, from the low of 600 in 2009 it took 4 years to visit again its previous 1600 level. What do we call those years that go from 2009 to 2013........a bull trend or sideways action ?  Just asking......

timing is everything    .........timer digests #1 timer

#15 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:34 AM

Very simple, its a rally.  If you were to call the rebound from the 2001 lows to the 2002 highs a bull market you would have had your head handed to you because after that the market went down to new lows and finally bottomed later in 2002. Then it grinded its way higher for 5 years to reach old highs but not surpass them and then boom back down again.  New highs weren't seen until 2013 and stayed above to then be called a bull market.  This market has grinded higher for 8 months, that's not a bull its just a rally.

#16 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:58 AM

Very simple, its a rally.  If you were to call the rebound from the 2001 lows to the 2002 highs a bull market you would have had your head handed to you because after that the market went down to new lows and finally bottomed later in 2002. Then it grinded its way higher for 5 years to reach old highs but not surpass them and then boom back down again.  New highs weren't seen until 2013 and stayed above to then be called a bull market.  This market has grinded higher for 8 months, that's not a bull its just a rally.

......but when the spx gets above its 2022 top (January 4th), then we can call it a bull market, right ? So the difference in this forum is between those who believe it will get soon above its previous 2022 high and those who believe it will take years.....I'm with those who believe that, early next year, we will be around the 2022 high    

#17 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:33 AM

Sure, anyone can call it whatever they want.  I always think back to the 1987 crash where that summer I was warning brokers that there's something wrong with the market and they should lighten up but they didn't and boom.  Whoever the person was that bought right at the top of the market didn't call the rally off the bottom to nearly a new high a bull market, they called it a recovery to get their money back lol!!  New highs reveals a true bull market to me otherwise its just a rally.  Either way I'm never really a bull or bear, I trade both sides selling options and when it comes to trading I can flip like a switch like I've been doing lately.  Just yesterday I was shorting most of the day and then went long at the end to go short again for today lol!! 

#18 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 11:11 AM

One year of "Watch the Sky!" maybe uze guys dint notice wats goin on in aht......snort

Watch-the-SKY.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 May 2023 - 11:19 AM.

#19 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 11:39 AM

Sure, anyone can call it whatever they want.  I always think back to the 1987 crash where that summer I was warning brokers that there's something wrong with the market and they should lighten up but they didn't and boom.  Whoever the person was that bought right at the top of the market didn't call the rally off the bottom to nearly a new high a bull market, they called it a recovery to get their money back lol!!  New highs reveals a true bull market to me otherwise its just a rally.  Either way I'm never really a bull or bear, I trade both sides selling options and when it comes to trading I can flip like a switch like I've been doing lately.  Just yesterday I was shorting most of the day and then went long at the end to go short again for today lol!! 

I think you are at trading what I am at tennis....the problem is that I don't take a penny out of tennis while you probably take a lot more than I do from trading. Congratulations.....I use to congratulate those who are better than I am at doing something specifically. Good job. 

#20 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 12:33 PM

One year of "Watch the Sky!" maybe uze guys dint notice wats goin on in aht......snort

Watch-the-SKY.jpg

Hahaha love it, did make a good call on the rally though andr good for you and I believe Europe even made new highs.  We'll see how far this rally goes, I know I'll be trading it all the way!!!