MOST BULLS in 19 Months! BUT...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 05:26 PM

SPX is still underwater! (Please pass the word to you-know-who)

If history repeats...or at least rhymes...the 250MA of AAII may be giving a hint...

250-MA-UP.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 15 June 2023 - 05:33 PM.

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 06:00 PM

Warning light over 401(k) account balances

.“Vanguard participants’ average account balances decreased by 20% since year-end 2021.

The numbers look worse if you consider the median balance, which was just $27,376 last year, down from $35,345 in 2021. The median in some ways is a truer read on the state of employees’ retirement savings since it is the middle point.

Some participants tapped their retirement savings early — either through a withdrawal or a loan. Vanguard found that in plans where they had the option, 2.8% of participants made hardship withdrawals, the highest since 2018. Given last year’s economic headwinds, “the increase … may signal that some households faced additional financial stress,” Vanguard said, noting that about a third of hardship withdrawals were to avoid home foreclosure or eviction, and roughly another third were due to medical expenses.

Meanwhile, another 3.6% of participants made non-hardship withdrawals. And 12% borrowed money — an average of $10,500 — from their accounts.

#3 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 776 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 09:21 PM

Jeepers - look where it's starting from.  But our base view of the world seems to be changing as of late - the empire is falling (or has fallen), and we can all sense it.  It's gonna be hard to be bullish after the hypersoinc missiles sink our carriers during the siege of taiwan.

bull-besr.png

#4 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 776 posts

Posted 17 June 2023 - 02:24 PM

Here's a nice quarterly fit for chevron, dating back to nixon's resignation - shortly after he cancelled bretton woods and opened the door to china.  It appears to be searching for that top count.  If it closes the month at 159, maybe that will signify the end of something old and the start of something new.  I'm afraid the something new will be inflation-based economic "growth" for as far as the eye can see - along with all the social turmoil that will go along with it.  If that's the case, then you better have an essential skill set and/or be an owner of stuff other than dollars.

CVX.png

#5 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 776 posts

Posted 17 June 2023 - 02:42 PM

Oops - I forgot the (unofficial) 0.5 level.

CVX.png

#6 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 776 posts

Posted 18 June 2023 - 03:42 AM

People sure are gullible - everyone wants to believe the miracle.  Who can forget cold fusion - yet here we are anticipating little green men crawling out of the woodwork.  My friend Bubba swore to me "it's true - I ain't jokin' - I saw a documentary - I think it was called Paul".  Kidding aside, if I hsd to guess, I'd say it's a deep state ploy intended to suck in its enemies, e.g., Tucker Carlson, then discredit them.  Apparently they've suceeded with the sucking-in part.  Can't wait to see what comes next.

https://www.gateston...ufos-propaganda

https://www.youtube....h?v=vKkqNrzr6zg

#7 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 776 posts

Posted 18 June 2023 - 04:14 PM

Here's exxon's nixon rally. 

XOM.png

#8 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 776 posts

Posted 18 June 2023 - 06:35 PM

C'mon guys - let's close ford at 14.94 this month and get done with this nixon crap.

F.png