Is a "BEAR T Forming?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 26 June 2023 - 10:43 PM

If there is a T now, (should the VO and McOsci form a lower low now than their March lows), it is very possible that this new T (lasting through the end of July) may soon become a Bear T. We are close to getting readings from the Volume Oscillator and McOscillator of lower lows than that March low. (The VO will be adjusted Monday morning.) We have already broken the ascending lows in the McOsci.

Rogerdodger's  observation here:

NOTE: Monday morning's adjustment (Yellow Dots) showed a very low reading but not as low as the March bottom.

My chart below shows Friday's close. Ignore today's close because it's not the final number.

I eagerly await an opinion from a T expert.

Looks to me like price might try to stabilize as it did last December. But then I look at that September low... hmmm...

Then there is the high bullish numbers in the AAII Bull/Bear (White dots on bottom panel)

Bear-T-Q.jpg

More from T Theory:

What would Terry say about the present state of the market–does the “AI” craze parallel this comment Terry made regarding “fad” stocks?:

As a Magic T approaches its right end point, it is not uncommon to see investor’s interest turn away from “blue chip” stocks that have been picked over during the years of “superior performance” and begin speculating on relatively unknown “fad” stocks. During the late 1960’s such a speculation manifested itself in the creation of so-called “Go-Go funds”. These funds jumped from fad to fad until the exhaustion of the T in 1968 left the fad stocks vulnerable to the severe downside reaction for the next 6 years.

1997 Introduction to T Theory Copyright 1997 by Terry Laundry

Edited by Rogerdodger, 26 June 2023 - 10:52 PM.

#2 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 29 June 2023 - 05:43 AM

If there is a T now, (should the VO and McOsci form a lower low now than their March lows), it is very possible that this new T (lasting through the end of July) may soon become a Bear T. We are close to getting readings from the Volume Oscillator and McOscillator of lower lows than that March low. (The VO will be adjusted Monday morning.) We have already broken the ascending lows in the McOsci.

NOTE: Monday morning's adjustment (Yellow Dots) showed a very low reading but not as low as the March bottom.

My chart below shows Friday's close. Ignore today's close because it's not the final number.

Looks to me like price might try to stabilize as it did last December. But then I look at that September low... hmmm...

Then there is the high bullish numbers in the AAII Bull/Bear (White dots on bottom panel)

Bear-T-Q.jpg

More from T Theory:

What would Terry say about the present state of the market–does the “AI” craze parallel this comment Terry made regarding “fad” stocks?:

As a Magic T approaches its right end point, it is not uncommon to see investor’s interest turn away from “blue chip” stocks that have been picked over during the years of “superior performance” and begin speculating on relatively unknown “fad” stocks. During the late 1960’s such a speculation manifested itself in the creation of so-called “Go-Go funds”. These funds jumped from fad to fad until the exhaustion of the T in 1968 left the fad stocks vulnerable to the severe downside reaction for the next 6 years.

RD, It sounds like Laundry might be talking about a process that may take yeqrs. Your interpretation is for a ST forecast?

#3 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 29 June 2023 - 05:44 AM

Bear-T-Q.jpg

More from T Theory:

RD, It sounds like Laundry might be talking about a process that may take yeqrs. Your interpretation is for a ST forecast?

The reason I commented, is that some analysts, say that the AI craze is in the 1995 zone of the internet fiasco, TIA.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 02:19 PM

the AI craze is in the 1995 zone of the internet fiasco,

.Yep. Never ignore the Elephant in the room...or the Gorilla,

And that extremely low $NYUD was signalling a bottom rather than a breakdown.

Taking out that August top was also a signal.

The turning up of the 250MA months ago was helpful.

See: "ABOVE THE GREEN LINE" At Stockcharts" Rank: 1, Followers: 1,279

Above-the-green-line.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 30 June 2023 - 05:21 PM.

#5 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 02:36 PM

France is burning, CAC-40 at ATH? I don't see how France doesn't plunge into a serious recession. It's all burning and the weekend is approaching.

Edited by linrom1, 30 June 2023 - 02:37 PM.

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 03:33 PM

Every so often the French seem to lose their heads.giljotiini.gif

Historians  say that even poor Napoleon got his bone torn apart.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 30 June 2023 - 07:00 PM.

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 01 July 2023 - 06:37 PM

Please keep in mind it is brightest just before sunset.

Never short a bubble. But every bubble has burst before.

Collect some juicy yields we have currently, not seen for many years and wait in the bushes.

You ever seen a spider make a hasty move? He waits and waits until opportunity arrives.

Patience is a virtue and will be rewarded..

Edited by pdx5, 01 July 2023 - 06:40 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule