• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 07:45 AM

Third Wave

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#2 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 09:52 AM

Thanks. It's also simple in another way. We just witnessed collapse of one the global economic superpowers --- France. Capital preservation is the ONLY objective of anyone with sizable assets at this point in my opinion. Yes Rome is collapsing again, and the only thing left are the vermin--to quote French Police.

Edited by linrom1, 05 July 2023 - 09:55 AM.

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 02:42 PM

We just witnessed collapse of one the global economic superpowers --- France. Capital preservation is the ONLY objective of anyone with sizable assets at this point in my opinion. Yes Rome is collapsing again, and the only thing left are the vermin--to quote French Police.

Agreed...Capital Preservation is always first and foremost anytime you part with your hard earned investment capital.

But meanwhile, looking at the CAC 40 after last Friday's close, it sure doesn't seem like there's any kind of economic collapse going on. Culturally? That's a whole different story. And even with all the warmongering over the last year in the Ukraine region, both the DAX and FTSE A/D lines are within spitting distance of new all time highs of their own.

Go figure.

Fib

http://www.technical...thcac063023.png

breadthcac063023.png

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 02:43 PM

Binance.US Crypto Market Share Dives

Binance.US Crypto Market Share Dives - WSJ

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#5 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 09:39 AM

You should definitely get more accolades for posting such a well timed market call.

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 07:41 PM

The silence of the snorting is deafening.

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 07:51 PM

The silence of the snorting is deafening.

Always is on down days...it's also the same thing for the bears on up days too!

Still looking for further price gains before we move back into another bearish 4-6 week period beginning in the mid July period.

Let's call today the first "shot off the bow" with this forecast in mind as market internals begin to show divergence.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#8 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 11:09 PM

Bulls win sometimes.

Bears win sometimes.

Pigs always get slaughtered.

Edited by pdx5, 06 July 2023 - 11:12 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#9 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,748 posts

Posted 07 July 2023 - 06:15 AM

I agree with IYB & FIB
Could get an incremental new high on this great rally but significant decline coukd start today or next week, mid July toppish period.

#10 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,703 posts

Posted 07 July 2023 - 07:23 AM

More importantly, wait a sec, already mid July, slow summer down please its gonna be over so quick lol!!