Photo

COVID RETURNS! Meet "ERIS" the new variant...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 09:10 AM

My daughter and son-in-law tested positive after a plane trip to Vegas this past weekend to meet William Shatner, aka Captain Kirk.

They flew out on the 4th and woke up with a sore throat on the 6th, making me think they may have contacted it in the airport or on the way to Vegas.

They met Shatner on the 6th... with their sore throats!

At 92, without make-up, he wasn't looking to well himself.

Beam me up Scotty!

EG.5 Is Now the Dominant COVID-19 Variant in the U.S.

Key Takeaways

• The new COVID-19 subvariants EG.5 and EG.5.1, nicknamed Eris, are gaining a foothold in the U.S. and other countries.
  • COVID-19 cases are increasing across the U.S., though it’s unclear if the uptick is due to emerging variants entirely.
  • A new booster shot that targets XBB.1.5, a close genetic relative of the new variant, may be ready as soon as early October.

Will EG.5 Cause Another COVID Surge?

COVID hospitalizations were up 12.5% in the week ending July 28, according to the CDC. It’s challenging to track how widely the virus is circulating this summer, as most people are now testing with at-home kits rather than PCR or don’t test at all.

However, wastewater surveillance indicates cases are on the rise, too. Nearly half of all reporting sites saw an uptick in cases as of July 20.

EG.5 and its child EG.5.1 still account for less than 20% of infections in the U.S., so the increase in hospitalizations is perhaps not entirely variant-driven, said T. Ryan Gregory, PhD, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Guelph in Ontario.

Immunity from vaccination and infection wanes over time, leaving people more vulnerable to infection and severe disease. Factors like the dropping of masking protection and more indoor gatherings could also contribute to the current summer wave, Gregory said.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 10 August 2023 - 09:20 AM.

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,032 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 11:53 AM

My daughter and son-in-law tested positive after a plane trip to Vegas this past weekend to meet William Shatner, aka Captain Kirk.

They flew out on the 4th and woke up with a sore throat on the 6th, making me think they may have contacted it in the airport or on the way to Vegas.

They met Shatner on the 6th... with their sore throats!

At 92, without make-up, he wasn't looking to well himself.

Beam me up Scotty!

EG.5 Is Now the Dominant COVID-19 Variant in the U.S.

Key Takeaways

• The new COVID-19 subvariants EG.5 and EG.5.1, nicknamed Eris, are gaining a foothold in the U.S. and other countries.
  • COVID-19 cases are increasing across the U.S., though it’s unclear if the uptick is due to emerging variants entirely.
  • A new booster shot that targets XBB.1.5, a close genetic relative of the new variant, may be ready as soon as early October.

Will EG.5 Cause Another COVID Surge?

COVID hospitalizations were up 12.5% in the week ending July 28, according to the CDC. It’s challenging to track how widely the virus is circulating this summer, as most people are now testing with at-home kits rather than PCR or don’t test at all.

However, wastewater surveillance indicates cases are on the rise, too. Nearly half of all reporting sites saw an uptick in cases as of July 20.

EG.5 and its child EG.5.1 still account for less than 20% of infections in the U.S., so the increase in hospitalizations is perhaps not entirely variant-driven, said T. Ryan Gregory, PhD, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Guelph in Ontario.

Immunity from vaccination and infection wanes over time, leaving people more vulnerable to infection and severe disease. Factors like the dropping of masking protection and more indoor gatherings could also contribute to the current summer wave, Gregory said.

So we can establish that Gregory is an idiot, since the science is clear on masking providing no meaningful protection from any aerosolized respiratory virus. It is clear that natural immunity will be far more robust and last far longer than "vaccine" immunity. In fact, after 150 days, "vaccine" immunity is negative.

I'm about 99% confident that the "surge in infections" is almost entirely among the vaccinated. Looking at non-Covid excess deaths, I would not be boosting. I would be (and am) taking 2-4k IU D and K2 along with calcium, magnesium, and zinc, as I have been for years now.

M

Edited by OEXCHAOS, 10 August 2023 - 03:06 PM.
Edited for clarity.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 12:07 PM

Don't forget selenium (2 Brazil nuts provide a day's supply), and in winter, depending on weight and sunlight exposure, those D numbers are likely low. Around double those for winter are appropriate.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 12:47 PM

the "surge in infections" is almost entirely among the vaccinated

My wife and I got the deadly JNJ  VAX the day before they banned it!... then I had a milder case of Covid sometime later.

My wife didn't.

I think her cigarettes filter out all the viruses! LOL!

My daughter and son-in-law were vaxxed back in the first pandemic..

Probably required for their public jobs; He's a cop and she's a sales rep for Intel.

But I remember that at least one of them got Covid and took the Paxlovid. Maybe both did...?

I took 2 days of Pax and got feeling better and stopped taking any more.

Thank goodness that I still have my mask on in my TT avatar photo!!!

Bad news for Paxlovid?
Coronavirus can find multiple ways to evade COVID-19 drug Lab studies identify resistance mutations in SARS-CoV-2’s protease, and some circulating variants have them

Edited by Rogerdodger, 10 August 2023 - 01:14 PM.

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 01:28 PM

This looks a bit toppy without COVID news.

NOAA forecasters increase Atlantic hurricane season prediction to ‘above normal
NOAA’s update to the 2023 outlook — which covers the entire six-month hurricane season that ends on Nov. 30 — calls for 14-21 named storms (winds of 39 mph or greater), of which 6-11 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or greater). Of those, 2-5 could become major hurricanes (winds of 111 mph or greater). NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.

carnival.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 10 August 2023 - 01:33 PM.

#6 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 03:05 PM

i knew people still get infected with covid, it hasn't stopped ever. only cases are less

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 04:28 PM

In year 1947 I was vaccinated for smallpox in elementary school. Keep in mind smallpox vaccine has amazing record of obliterating smallpox from entire world. Just an amazing vaccine. In 1950 I was in a train journey of 8 hours from Vadodara to Mumbai. Trains in India are packed like sardines. 2 days later dime sized yellow blisters broke out over my entire body. Fevers as high as 103 lasted for 5 days. Smallpox has 30%+ mortality record. Covid is a piker in comparison. The anti-bodies created by the vaccine helped me recover from smallpox. I still have marks on my face 73 years later left behind by smallpox.

So....if the most effective vaccine ever created could not prevent infection, I am living proof no vaccine can "prevent" infection. Since no vaccine builds a filter in nose, there is no way to stop inhaling airborne virus. The job of vaccine comers into play after the virus is identified by body and anti-bodies created by vaccine are deployed to attack and kill the virus. If the virus load is small, the virus gets killed before any symptoms appear. That gives an impression that vaccine prevented infection. In reality the virus did infect but was subdued before symptoms appeared. 

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 04:43 PM

I just asked my 20's something grandaughter about her history with Covid while working in the public.

She got the job required Pfizer shot and only got COVID 3 times! swoon.gif

Moral of the pdx5 story: Stay off trains in India!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 10 August 2023 - 04:45 PM.

#9 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 06:46 PM

It's all part of a the Great Plandemic.  I was never vaxxed, ever.  The way to avoid covid is not get tested for it!  Have some ivermectin around just in case you get that sore throat.  It's fairly easy to obtain, I use Dr. Stella of Houston.

#10 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,707 posts

Posted 11 August 2023 - 08:20 AM

It's interesting that the covid vax is compared to actual vaccines that eliminate the disease like pdx mentions.  Its not a vax like that, its a flu vaccine that's it, that simple, might work might not.  America has now raised its error rate on deaths to 38% which should likely be more like 90% but we'll see.  Up here they still count every death as covid and figure it out after.  As my daughters friend just had his 180 year old violin stolen from another crackalak we like to call them I think the government has more important things to worry about.  There are homeless encampments everywhere and crime is through the roof and they're trying to scare us again, give me a break!!!