• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 12:00 PM

Mortgage Rates Hit 7.09%, Highest in More Than 20 Years

Treasury yields hit 15 year high, causing pain for stock-market investors...

TLT AT 93!

https://schrts.co/WhNtbCpV

"The increase extends a lengthy stretch of high borrowing costs that has slowed the housing market to a crawl. This marked the first time since last fall that the rate on a 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage rose above 7%. A year ago, rates were around 5%."

Imagine all of the unemployed construction workers plus the hundreds of thousands crossing the border to find work...

List of construction trades

Local shopping centers are nearly vacant as online shopping rules the day.

I guess we will all be delivery drivers for Uber &FED-UPS or...

WALMART ORDER PICKERS!

Walmart raises full-year earnings forecast as grocery, online growth fuel higher sales

WMT: https://schrts.co/evtUSbZa

Today AT HD, I saw an 8 foot section of wooden privacy fence priced at $100! That's before you buy the concrete and posts.

Lumber-Prices.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 August 2023 - 01:24 PM.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 12:20 PM

"Today, I saw an 8 foot section of wooden privacy fence priced at $100! That's before you buy the concrete and posts." 

May be difficult to shop-lift an item that size. I am finding lots of small packages of hardware on the shelves broken open and the screws inside missing. In San Fran and LA, they do not even attempt to stop shop-lifters.

Edited by pdx5, 18 August 2023 - 12:22 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 01:06 PM

May be difficult to shop-lift an item that size.

The fence sections are outside. However, they have now put huge pallets of concrete on the top of each pile.

I've never seen this before!

It would take a fork-lift to steal a section of $100 fencing!

So lock up your forklifts too!

Shocking mob-style smash-and-grab robbery at Nordstrom caught on camera

"They took everything except the job applications, fathers day cards, and work boots"

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 August 2023 - 01:11 PM.

#4 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 03:55 PM

Probably the kind of rocket scientists, who would never think to block their license plates

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 03:58 PM

US Consumers Near Day of Reckoning as Pandemic Cash Stash Shrinks

Over the past two years, consumers have drawn down the more than $2 trillion in extra savings they accumulated during the pandemic in order to keep spending in the face of sky-high inflation. That’s enabled the economy to push ahead even as the Federal Reserve jacked up interest rates at the fastest pace in four decades.But as the cash cushion shrinks, consumers are becoming more dependent on their paychecks to maintain their standard of living.

That “leaves households at a crossroads,” as they consider how to alter their spending and whether to go deeper into debt, according to Wendy Edelberg and Sofoklis Goulas of the Brookings Institution’s Hamilton Project. That’s especially true for lower-income workers who have less leeway to adjust.

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 09:18 PM

I got couple of new credit card recently. They offered $200 reward if I charge $1000 in 3 months.

Heck I charge that every 2 weeks. This is a good way to make some extra cash for literally a few mouse clicks.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 20 August 2023 - 12:41 PM

Does anyone else see this picture and story and think of Dominoes ready to fall?

China's 40-Year Boom Is Over. What Comes Next?

On Edge as Fallout From Real Estate Crisis Spreads...

A model Chinese property developer in a sector replete with risk takers is teetering on the edge of default. Short of cash, one of China’s biggest asset managers has missed payments to investors. And billions of dollars have flowed out of the country’s stock markets.

“What is happening in the Chinese property market is really unprecedented,” said Charles Chang, who heads corporate credit ratings for Greater China at Standard & Poor’s.

China.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 20 August 2023 - 01:38 PM.