ES 4000-4050 LOW before rally to new ATH

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#21 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 04 September 2023 - 09:49 PM

"....I use two primary CPCE signals, one short-term (speed boat) and the other long-term (ocean-liner). The stock market repeatedly moves higher and lower in both uptrending and downtrending markets. But once you've established the primary trend, which, in my opinion, is clearly higher, you can apply the 5-day equity only put call ratio ($CPCE) to help spot key short-term market tops and bottoms. Recently, the pendulum swung to extreme pessimism, which helped me call a bottom. Check it out:

Listen, I don't fight the signals. This is one of my PRIMARY charts to help me spot short-term market reversals. When I get warning signs of a short-term top and the increasing probability of a short-term period of selling/consolidation, the 5-day SMA of the CPCE is a key in helping to spot when the bleeding stops. It did so perfectly on August 18th, when I wrote my article at StockCharts, "Are You Ready For A Huge Rally?" I use proven methods, strategies, and charts to help me manage my downside risk and to spot key market reversals. This article was simply one example of that. Currently, this 5-day CPCE is neutral, returning from its recent extreme pessimism reading."

https://stockcharts....curren-964.html

#22 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 05:17 AM

Market seems to still have some gas in the tank to rally... but a ST top not too far away, and an IT top to follow soon

https://www.marketin...llan-oscillator

#23 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 07:14 AM

DAX....they got it under 15800, but not 15700...the game of cat and mouse continues...

See how far bulls can get with this bounce....another trip under 15800 might be one too many...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#24 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 07:17 AM

AAPL...potential swing top in place...see how it does after the open...

Still have "the event" a week from now, so not ruling out being held up until then just yet.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#25 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 07:18 AM

How this wedgie resolves on META likely big....

#26 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 07:26 AM

IF they can turn DAX here, could be the beginning of the big transition to full bear mode....

#27 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 07:29 AM

SHORTED USD/YEN

will add above 147.95, 148.44

#28 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 07:34 AM

BTC...still coiling at the cliff edge....a plunge under 25K could very well finish Bitcoin...

#29 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 07:52 AM

That pivot just made on Gold potentially HUGE now

Bulls can still save things as long as it holds....and it has to happen pretty much immediately...

If not, something VERY different could be in the cards.

#30 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 07:54 AM

DAX 15800...see what happens here........