Photo

Seasonally BEARISH - bounce, then BEAR FEAST.

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 07:26 AM

MSFT new AI offering.... maybe I will buy a few CALLS on any pullback until the announcement on Thursday.

"The week ahead
Central banks and I.P.O.s will be in the spotlight this week. Heres what to watch.

Tomorrow: The O.E.C.D. will release its latest global economic outlook, against a backdrop of rising energy prices and growing concerns about a slowdown. Meanwhile, the United Nations General Assembly session begins tomorrow. Yesterday, climate activists converged on midtown Manhattan to demand that President Biden and other world leaders stop new oil and gas drilling.

Wednesday: Its decision day for the Fed. The futures market this morning was pricing in just a 1 percent chance that the central bank would raise interest rates this time, but the odds are higher for an increase at either its November or December meetings.

On the earnings front, General Mills and FedEx report quarterly results.

Thursday: Its the Bank of Englands turn. The central bank is expected to raise borrowing costs by 0.25 percentage points in an effort to tackle stubborn inflation. Microsoft is set to unveil new product features and its latest innovations in artificial intelligence at a showcase event in New York.

Friday: The Bank of Japan rounds out the rate-decision party. Investors will be tuning in for signs that the bank is close to ending its negative-rates policy."

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 07:27 AM

ES 4489 TO 4505 an important thick SUPPORT/RESISTANCE ZONE.

#13 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 07:52 AM

Always love all the info you provide d a great read to get going.  And true always the worst week of the year but is getting a lot of attention this year for some reason so I'm thinking in the end may even end higher lol!!  Also likely as I'm in a small long and would rather be short lol!!  Average now is 4505 so just need a nice intraday rally but not sure I would go short yet as everyone is awaiting the Fed meeting to see where they are sitting even though its very obvious all they are going to say is they aren't raising and going to follow the data.  In the bigger picture I think we are heading towards a major slowdown so think this will be about it for raising rates but I never thought they would raise this far so who knows lol.  Big problem is we could still see a 10-year 5% yield in the end still which could be devastating for tech but we'll play it as it goes.  Most important is that it should be another fun day of trading!! 

#14 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:18 AM

Wanna start Monday with a bang bringing my average long down to 4504...

#15 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:41 AM

All about 4450 on SPX today....see if if bull can hold it or not....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#16 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:42 AM

TSLA tying to lead down again after the 272 breach????

Watch 4450.....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#17 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:45 AM

After the failure on Friday...one more trip under 15700 on DAX might be 1 too many....

#18 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:47 AM

UVXY now needs foothold above 14 to perhaps start a bigger turn off the super washout low

#19 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:47 AM

300 pivot on META freakin' huge...see what happens dead ahead here...

#20 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:49 AM

Gasoline still calling Crude's move BS....watch that last pivot....