• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 06:29 AM

Her poll is Very bullish 58-42

Helene Meisler The results are in and folks lean bullish. In fact it's the most bullish since the August low. posted at 4:30 PM on Sat, Sep 30, 2023:
Saturday Poll.

The next 100 points for the S&P?
(https://x.com/hmeisl...6483342558?s=03)

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 06:30 AM

Shutdown shelved...
Goldman Sachs analysts, however, think the risk of another shutdown in November is slightly less this time around and reckon some progress on a strategy for full-year spending bills is possible from here.

After a torrid September, U.S. stock futures were about 0.5% higher ahead of Monday's bell and the Vix volatility gauge .Vix hovered close to Friday's close about 17.5.

U.S. Treasury yields, whose relentless rise of late has been at the heart of market disturbances as it prices "higher for longer" interest rates, pushed higher again on Monday too. Ten-year yields were up five basis points to 4.62% - just shy of last week's 16-year peak of 4.69%.

The dollar was higher too, with the dollar/yen exchange rate probing just under the 150 level many suspect will sound intervention alarm bells at the Bank of Japan.

Aggravating bond yields have buoyed U.S. crude oil prices, which remained above $91 per barrel on Monday with gains back running at more than 10% year-on-year.

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 06:32 AM

ISM, FED blabberers running amok,

Key developments that should provide more direction to U.S. markets later on Monday:

US Sept manufacturing surveys by ISM and S&P Global.
US Aug construction spending
Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell participates in roundtable with workers, small business owners in York; Fed Vice Chair for Supervision Michael Barr, Cleveland Fed President Loretta Mester and New York Fed chief John Williams all speak

U.S. Treasury auctions 3 and 6-month bills

#14 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 07:56 AM

Dow bulls 33660 last night, they tried and they tried and they tried, but cant get no

Edited by K Wave, 02 October 2023 - 07:56 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#15 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 07:58 AM

Now see if Italy can blow out 28K and start to steepen the angle of attack...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#16 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 08:00 AM

META...The Final Compression.......

#17 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 08:12 AM

Well that was a fun night, loved the pop with the open yesterday.  Took profits on my longs for a huge 10 point profit and went slightly short there at 4355 for another profit of 35 points down to 4320 where I was stopped out and started a new long build this morning for the cash open now.  Unfortunately can't call the short an actual posted trade as I didn't put it up here live but everyone knows I always profit stop my trades especially since I held the original long all week but I guess if red is getting complimented even though he never posts a single trade and I like to use him more for a contrary indicator because he never posts, what the heck lol.  Can you tell it bugs me he never posts lol, nonetheless he is making comments and if that helps someone out there good for them.  The reason I took profits with the pop yesterday was because it happened even with bond yields up so didn't make sense but not surprising we saw an original relief pop as the market was oversold and had an ugly week last.  What's interesting this morning is that with bond yields remaining higher the tech market is down even though big tech stocks are mostly up.  I would think big tech will lead us out again at least for a rally and I should show my ndx trades but can get really busy doing them but for a longer trade am building another long this morning at 14,870 after holding my short overnight from 15,000.  Nonetheless gonna be another fun day I'm sure....Thanks again d, always love the daily read...

#18 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 08:35 AM

META still holding....don't see market cracking much harder unless this  one breaks 300 now...

#19 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 08:36 AM

Crude still farting around 90.60 support zone...but should it eventually give way......

Total carnage in normally related items....

#20 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 08:39 AM

And there we go, big tech wins, profit stop 14900 and 4321 buy below...