20 year treasury Yields

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 02:16 PM

I didn't believe you on the 8%, but I checked with my bank and a no PMI, low cost 30 year is right at 8% APR. 2 1/2 years ago, that was just under 2.75%, IIRC.

That has to curb affordability

I have a client who is a builder and his wife is a realtor in a growing part of the city. No business! Few homes are even for sale and material costs are still high.

They are thankful for their rental homes, Especially since rents have skyrocketed.

High demand for a limited supply of rental housing has resulted in skyrocketing prices across the nation—and desperation from those seeking more affordable housing options.

The median rental price hit a new high of $1,575 in June, up 8.1% compared with last year, according to a recent report from Realtor.com®. Forty-four of the 50 largest housing markets posted new highs, squeezing renters even tighter. (The report looked only at the 50 largest metropolitan areas.)

“We are seeing an excessive amount of people showing up for rental properties and turning applications in, probably five times the amount it was a year ago.”

LINK

Meanwhile  custom 1 bedroom shopping carts are the new rage.

#12 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 20 October 2023 - 11:38 AM

Bonds continue their meltdown, absolutely amazing.

TLT down almost 2% today.

Treasury sell-off

Powell must be having a heart attack. So much ever expanding government debt that needs funding at accelerating rates.

Something is gonna break.

TBT looks like topping action here short-term.   Bond vigilantes will be proven right longer-term.

Edited by beta, 20 October 2023 - 11:39 AM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#13 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 20 October 2023 - 02:36 PM

... Note that TBT has reached the 50% Fib retrace of its multi-year decline.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#14 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 20 October 2023 - 03:43 PM

TBT looks like topping action here short-term.

Some s/t oscillators bottoming on TLT.

As Sherman McClellan once said, "Oscillators gotta oscillate."

Prices could remain range bound here as they did recently in a similar set-up...or not.

worth watching.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 20 October 2023 - 03:44 PM.

#15 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 20 October 2023 - 07:24 PM

People don't analyze the market  they over analyze, In the short term the market is a moron, in the long run the market is a genus. Same psychology.