Photo

CRITICAL MARKET SUPPORT HOLDS or ES plunges below 4100?

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#21 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,643 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 07:17 AM

Gotta love this bearishness but sadly disappointing for everyone that was hoping for a crash today, just another down day at this stage with the 10-year bond hitting 5% so no surprise there.  Don't get me wrong I get it as this has been a period where crashes occur but this isn't a year for it and the war in Israel means nothing to the market I hate to say although for the 1000th time the church prophets are calling for the end of the world, but heh they need to make money to lol!!  Biggest problem for the bears is that if and when they turn and rally with a short covering rally, stocks will do the same with a massive short squeeze.  To me it's looking similar to the June take off but we'll see when it starts.  For now I'll just add to my longs with an average of 4279 with the spill overnight. 

#22 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,934 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 07:31 AM

xTrends (@xtrends) posted at 5:12 PM on Fri, Oct 20, 2023:
SPX is testing October low and about to tag this channel support. Do or die moment early next week

$SPY $SPX https://t.co/USm7iua1WA

picture...1000 words....

needless to say...Rusty nearing extremely important long term pivot zone

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#23 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,934 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 07:35 AM

Yeah. Accummumate NVDA LONGS ... slowly

https://stockcharts....o-accu-751.html

NVDA at least one of the few stocks with some actual growth...

But if the other Megas do Break this week, it may not survive unscathed.  Watch that neck line.....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#24 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,934 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 07:56 AM

Complimentary Edition of the DecisionPoint "Weekly Wrap"
OCTOBER 20, 2023 AT 08:02 PM

Also today, the NYSE Composite ($NYA) and Materials Sector (XLB) 50-day EMAs crossed down through their 200-day EMAs (Death Cross), generating LT Trend Model SELL Signals.

Near-term support is arriving at the October low, but given the poor participation numbers and this new Death Cross, we would look for that level to be broken.

https://stockcharts....-the-d-519.html

All I can say is with 72 and 200 both curling over at the SP 900 hourly, would be real careful if 4200 DOES give way...

There will likely be a whole lot of other clues coming our way as well soon...

But right now, bulls got their work cut out for them to keep things together here....

#25 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,934 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 07:59 AM

And here is 4 hour continuous with today's action so far...

#26 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,934 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 08:04 AM

All hours Meta...hourly totally stalled out...bears just have get on their side of the line now and keep it there.....Earnings Wednesday

See how we end the week on this one...could be BIG clue.

#27 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,934 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 08:07 AM

Big Fang....after losing key battle at 5030 on Friday, 5K area action could be next big tell..

So far...still looking like "slowly at first".....

#28 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,934 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 08:09 AM

Apple 3 hour....a bit bigger breach this AM...if that 72 starts to curl down now.......

#29 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,578 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 08:32 AM

Closed 4230

ES HEDGE LONG 4217.5

Closed 4256.5

ES 4246 HEDGE LONG
Still small NET SHORT
WANT TO END THE WEEK PROTECTING MOST OF THE PROFITS.

#30 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,578 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 08:37 AM

Difficult & unpredictable few days... maybe the SHORT SQUEEZE starts later today.
My FF is we see ES 4100 or lower traded before the big bounce. ES 4280 is one of my key levels

Gotta love this bearishness but sadly disappointing for everyone that was hoping for a crash today, just another down day at this stage with the 10-year bond hitting 5% so no surprise there.  Don't get me wrong I get it as this has been a period where crashes occur but this isn't a year for it and the war in Israel means nothing to the market I hate to say although for the 1000th time the church prophets are calling for the end of the world, but heh they need to make money to lol!!  Biggest problem for the bears is that if and when they turn and rally with a short covering rally, stocks will do the same with a massive short squeeze.  To me it's looking similar to the June take off but we'll see when it starts.  For now I'll just add to my longs with an average of 4279 with the spill overnight.