• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 02:59 PM

A snippet from this week's "Weekly Breadth Data" update:

"Another bullish piece of information is that it only took 5 trading days (out of 10 days max) to produce a classic EMA Zweig Breadth Thrust buy signal on Friday. Since 1928, this is only the 24th time we've had such a signal though the results have been evenly mixed. But as Tom McClellan noted back on the last signal this past April: "the idea is that when there is such a signal, it is a sign that a rapid surge of money is trying to push its way through the door to get into the market, and this is a <signature> of continuing liquidity to fuel an uptrend."

In any event, as technicians we must respect this kind of information for what it may imply until proven otherwise.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 06 November 2023 - 03:01 PM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#2 SteveB

SteveB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 06:21 PM

Good info but my spidey sense says this one is a fade. This time actually may be different. T-Bill yields are higher now than April and I think they will go higher.

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 07:02 PM

I remember low keyed Marty, sweet Marry Farrell, Liz Ann and Jacked up Elaine.

And Marty's TIME - NEWSWEEK indicator.

https://youtube.com/..._-_nJ2dyt3udeVV

Edited by Rogerdodger, 06 November 2023 - 07:04 PM.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 07:17 PM

Marty's Fed Funds Rate indicator looks to be slowly improving

Marty-s-Fed-Funds-Nov-2023.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 06 November 2023 - 07:17 PM.

#5 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 07 November 2023 - 03:02 AM

I just have to wonder how revenue is going to increase for a lot of companies over the next few quarters, outside of the defense industry that is? I guess P/Es can just go up even more and redefine what a high P/E is. Stock prices don't have to reflect the economy and earnings, so there's that. But a lot of startups are probably about to go kaput, that's going to have at least a little bit of a shockwave effect.

AI will change the playing field and is pretty much the biggest thing since Smartphones, but within the next year or two? Doesn't seem extremely likely. 

#6 FrankT

FrankT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 November 2023 - 01:33 PM

Roger....and Frank Cappiello.