• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#21 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 07:57 AM

Will open NETFLIX & TESLA STRANGLES before earnings
"Investors are bracing for a deluge of earnings, with major companies such as Johnson & Johnson and Procter & Gamble set to report before the opening bell Tuesday. Netflix and others are due to post updates later in the day. And stocks bounced in Hong Kong, after a meeting of Chinese leaders fed speculation that a stimulus package to boost Chinese markets could be in the works." WSJ

#22 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 07:58 AM

"Netflix (NFLX) and Texas Instruments (TXN) results are due after the market close"

"Investors are bracing for a deluge of earnings, with major companies such as Johnson & Johnson and Procter & Gamble set to report before the opening bell Tuesday. Netflix and others are due to post updates later in the day. And stocks bounced in Hong Kong, after a meeting of Chinese leaders fed speculation that a stimulus package to boost Chinese markets could be in the works." WSJ

#23 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 08:00 AM

DESPERATION IN CHINA:
"Chinese developers and local governments are so desperate to attract home buyers that some have resorted to bizarre marketing strategies.

A subsidiary of real-estate conglomerate Dalian Wanda ran a video advertisement featuring the slogan buy a house, get a wife for free. It was a play on words, using the same Chinese characters as the phrase buy a house, and give it to your wifebut presented in a sentence structure typically used to offer freebies for home buyers. "

"Netflix (NFLX) and Texas Instruments (TXN) results are due after the market close"

#24 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 08:02 AM

"The CME FedWatch tool now shows the odds of a March move at around 40%, compared with 60% a week ago and 75% a month ago.

The good news is that the much-heralded soft landing still looks like its happening. Thats the scenario in which inflation rates retreat back to around the Feds 2% target without a major economic crash. Fourth-quarter growth is expected to come in at an annualized 2%, in GDP data scheduled for release on Thursday. Thats much slower than 4.9% in the third quarter, but its still not bad."

#25 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 08:04 AM

"China's cabinet said on Monday it will take forceful and effective measures to stabilise market confidence.

And today Bloomberg News, citing unidentified sources, reported policymakers were seeking to mobilise about 2 trillion yuan ($279 billion), mostly from offshore accounts of state enterprises, to fund equity buying through a China-Hong Kong stock exchange link.

Shanghai hit a four-year low before rallying 0.5%, the blue-chip CSI300 closed up 0.4% and Hong Kong's Hang Seng closed up 2.6% - its best day in two months.

But any measures to stabilise markets stand in contrast to underwhelming action to address the underlying economic funk and property bust worrying foreign and domestic investors, already rattled by deepening geopolitical rifts and investment curbs."

#26 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 08:05 AM

Key developments that should provide more direction to U.S. markets later on Tuesday:
U.S. Corporate earnings: Netflix, Texas Instruments, GE, Verizon, Halliburton, Lockheed Martin, Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, Paccar, Invesco, DR Horton, Intuitive Surgical, Baker Hughes, Steel Dynamics, 3M, Synchrony
Richmond Fed Jan business surveys, Philadelphia Fed's Jan service sector survey
U.S. Treasury auctions $60 billion of 2-year notes, sells 12-month bills
-- REUTERS

#27 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 08:49 AM

Once again, market on the rise this morning with rising interest rates as the market continues its climb into the stratosphere defying all odds.  Always love little volatility as its soooooo healthy for the market overall lol!!  Nonetheless the overnight stops on my ndx trade were hit for a 15 point profit and as I write this starting my short on the NDX again at17500 andt once again hopefully just add much higher or waiting for a bigger correction to cover.  Added a little to my ES trade also to bring my short average up to an even 4865.  Market is setting itself up for a crack lower and think the pressures of realizing interest rate cuts aren't coming as fast as expected and future earnings forecasts will likely do it, the question is when....

#28 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 09:04 AM

BABA up almost 7% - will close 200 in increments of 50
NFLX option chain - as of the close yesterday looks interesting, somewhat challenging...

#29 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 09:13 AM

Also interesting that may be a sign of an end to the bullish tech move is while I was on my FB feed yesterday I start getting sponsored ads from Cathie Wood and Tom Lee about what stocks to buy to make me a millionaire this year.  In all my life never seen that before and I've never gone to either of their sites.  To me its just another sign that something is fishy with the way the market has been moving.  Also interesting how futures have been being pushed up so much before the cash open even though you can look and see pre-opening stocks aren't up that much thus now they are pulling back once again.  Sentiment is way to high for this oh so perfect world lol!! 

#30 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 09:27 AM

can't help it, profit stop 17485 for the open sell above lol!!