• 26,874 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 01:22 PM

Canoo-EV.jpg

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 02:06 PM

Recent announced cut backs also at the majors on EV vehicles as well.

Seems like the masses are finally seeing through this charade of electric vehicles having any kind of future..

..another forced failure of social engineering which includes anything associated with the green agenda.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 02:26 PM

I remember the 1970's and Carter's speech by the fireplace  "wear a sweater, drive 55" !

FLASHBACK – Jimmy Carter 1977: Set Winter Thermostat to 55 Degrees Overnight

NO MORE OIL!

Today:

Record US oil production frustrates OPEC cuts...
America now largest producer in world!
BOOM: ANOTHER JOBS BLOWOUT...
353K ADDED IN JAN...

Santelli Stunned: 'HUGE JUMP' In Pay...

UCO.jpg

I grew up in Tulsa, the "Oil Capital of The World!

Most crude oil from the Chicago Board of Trade still comes through this area.

Even Jed Clampett, in the Beverly Hillbillies, was bought out by a Tulsa oil company!

Oil-Capital.jpg

Solyndra, was owned by a Tulsa billionaire.

Apr 12, 2021But the company misled the U.S. Department of Energy in its application, and about two-and-a-half years after receiving the funds, filed for bankruptcy, laid off its 1,100 employees, and shut down...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 February 2024 - 02:49 PM.

#4 SteveB

SteveB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 02:39 PM

You guys just don't get it! After declining for 3 years Canoo stock now has a HUGE upside potential: 1095% in 12 months, according to the analysts. Of course this assumes the company lasts 12 more months. 

https://www.tipranks...k-shares-plunge

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 02:52 PM

Possibly. They will have huge competition.

Walmart's interest in CANOO might save them.

Like Amazon and others, Walmart delivers groceries, etc..

PS: It took Solyndra two-and-a-half years to go under after receiving the (SCAM) free government funds.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 February 2024 - 04:26 PM.

#6 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 02:55 PM

The plots below say it all.  This past cold winter gave folks driving EV's a hard lesson in battery and gasoline piston engine engineering.  Lithium ion battery output goes down sharply with falling temperature as shown in the first plot, but gasoline piston engine output actually goes up with falling temperature as shown in the second plot (denser air, more O2 per unit volume of intake air).  It's rough when facts get in the way of fantasy.  

ND2aMHf.png

bpc4HOA.png

Regards,

Douglas

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 04:16 PM

Breaking News:

Tesla recalls nearly all its US vehicles in largest-ever such move
Story by Reuters • 9h

See how a Tesla runs on gasoline!

https://youtube.com/...zbO9dKEPr6AM4hz

PS:

Cold EVs have to warm up the battery before the batteries will even begin to charge!

It could take DAYS to charge in cold weather!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 February 2024 - 04:22 PM.

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 03 February 2024 - 11:04 AM

EV bashers will look silly in the future.

This is all about battery tech, and there are huge advancements coming.

EVs have 2 big problems right now that are easily solvable over time.

Range anxiety/charging issues, and repair costs.

When these things have 1000 mile range and are dirt cheap, gonna be hard to justify gas powered purchase except for specialized uses.

I remember having these very same arguments years ago about the Tesla Roadster being "vaporware", and no electric car would ever go over 50 miles on a charge. SMH

What is happening now is "growing pains".

And FWIW, my brother has had a Tesla Model S since they first came out, and loves it, and just got another one. He did however buy a gas powered truck after looking at the Rivian/F150 Lightning, as they are not ready for prime time...yet.

And for the "they don't work in the cold"  folks, that will be solved eventually as well. But right now, yes, probably would not want one if I lived in a place with harsh winters and it was my only vehicle.

But even WITH the current issues, Folks in Norway are flocking to them....so there is THAT

https://www.reuters....are-2024-01-02/

"Almost five out of six new cars sold in Norway last year were powered by battery only, with Tesla's share of the overall market rising to 20.0% from 12.2%, registration data showed on Tuesday."

Edited by K Wave, 03 February 2024 - 11:06 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy