PULLBACK continues or new ATHs ahead?

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#31 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,780 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 08:43 PM

Here are key developments that could provide more direction to ASIAN markets on Monday:
Japan monetary policy decision
Australia monetary policy decision
Japan industrial production (February, final)

"...world awaits BOJ fireworks"

The Bank of Japan delivers its potentially historic policy decision on Tuesday against a backdrop of positive investor sentiment after a wave of bullish tech sentiment offset higher U.S. bond yields, and lifted stocks around the world on Monday.

#32 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,780 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 08:46 PM

Still negative, dropped 3 to -38.96

https://www.mcoscill...t_breadth_data/

#33 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,780 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 08:47 PM

Waiting on BOJ DECISION

Here are key developments that could provide more direction to ASIAN markets on Monday:

The Bank of Japan delivers its potentially historic policy decision on Tuesday against a backdrop of positive investor sentiment after a wave of bullish tech sentiment offset higher U.S. bond yields, and lifted stocks around the world on Monday.

#34 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,780 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 06:09 AM

Central banks are top of mind. The Bank of Japan on Tuesday ended eight years of negative interest rates.
The Federal Reserve is widely expected to keep policy unchanged Wednesday. Investors will look for signals about potential easing later this year.

Waiting on BOJ DECISION

#35 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,780 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 06:13 AM

Added ES 5195
NQ 18135.5

BULLS could not hold on to most of the early rally... is this mere profit-taking, or major LONG LIQUIDATION ON ANY RALLY?

Not adding any ES OR NQ HEDGE LONGS unless market falls below NQ 18100 & ES 5195

#36 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 07:47 AM

Well how about that as I said yesterday, I would hold onto my shorts as the market was way overbought.  Did just flip long though for the cash open where I took profits on my shorts with the ES being 30 points at 5190 and 120 points on the Ndx at 18100.....

#37 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 07:55 AM

As I have said volatility is going to return and was even more obvious yesterday when everyone was so bullish on the Nividea announcement.  Market is far to exuberant right now about everything and I still think one day we'll wake up to a surprise downside move.  At the least the market needs a solid -2 to 3% correction but I'll just trade it to keep great shorts on, had great profits from yesterday morning to now, lets see what the day brings....profit stop 5195, 18010....

#38 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 08:03 AM

oops went longs at 18100 not 010 lol!!  ps 18125

#39 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 08:04 AM

And now I know the ai thing is false, there is no way it has "common sense" as cramer just said, all it has is faster ways of collecting programmed data!!  But for now I'll stay long lol!! 

#40 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 08:13 AM

Out of my ndx trade for a 25 point profit.  Lets see what the cash open brings or maybe go long again a little lower...