Added some trading longs this morniing

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 rono

rono

• Traders-Talk User
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:19 AM

NXG fellas? This is my pick for outperformance in this sector. p/e in the teens, o boy. What do you think Senor?

NXG has been working for me - +197%.

currently my favorites are gold - GG, AUY. I owned WTZ, but it's now GLG. In silver, NXG, AEMLW, SVMFF.PK.

Other miners - BGO, ASGMF.OB, SLGLF.OB, STVZF.PK, YZCCF.PK, CDE, MRB, PAL, SLW.

Other, other miners - BHP, RIO, FDG.

funds involved TGLDX, VGPMX, and UNWPX.

throw in a little PRPMX and this all adds up to ~35%-40% of my total portfolio.

and, yes, it's been a good year, Virginia

best,

rono

#12 Trend-Shifter

Trend-Shifter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:49 AM

I have swithched a few months ago to "GOLD". Great chart and the right name.
Only in geometry can a line go into infinity.

#13 PMILLY

PMILLY

• Traders-Talk User
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:12 AM

Anybody know what is up with Barrick (ABX)? I have owned it off and on over the past year and it has gone crazy to the upside the past few days, while many miners have been a little boring. I wish I still owned it this past week. Any news? Pmilly

#14 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:20 AM

Anybody know what is up with Barrick (ABX)? I have owned it off and on over the past year and it has gone crazy to the upside the past few days, while many miners have been a little boring. I wish I still owned it this past week. Any news?

Pmilly

Is it because of the news that miners are drastically reducing hedging ?
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#15 PMILLY

PMILLY

• Traders-Talk User
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:02 AM

Greenie, That may be it. I believe that ABX has been heavily hedged in the past. This change should be huge going forward for that stock. It's a good one and one that Hugh Lynch always recommends buying when investing in gold. It is supposed to be an excellent company. Pmilly

#16 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:45 AM

Anybody know what is up with Barrick (ABX)? I have owned it off and on over the past year and it has gone crazy to the upside the past few days, while many miners have been a little boring. I wish I still owned it this past week. Any news?

Pmilly

Is it because of the news that miners are drastically reducing hedging ?

Good thinking as usual. :yes: Maybe that's a sell signal, greenie? At any rate I sold some individual stocks this am, as they say, took profits along with a small loss on one dog. :D
Peace
johngeorge

#17 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:16 AM

yes, i have been very bullish since last may, when i thought the end of the consolidation took place. that consolidation was 18 months, we are 12 months into this up move, still think we have 5-6months of up left. folks think gold has come too far too fast. well look @a chart of 79-80. 50 up limit days were common. every cb is printing. golds time has come. and so has its little brother. corrections are part of it. and i believe we are in one now for the shares. building cause to take out the highs. we shall see. dharma

#18 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:21 AM

dharma, Astro date 5/5 - 5/8 is upon us. Low or high? I'm not impressed with this market. I'm flat trading positions and will not bet on this market until something concrete happens. Could go either way. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:28 AM

yes, john today is the date, at some point here i expect emotions to be expressed. next date is 22. dharma

#20 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:55 PM

had thought today would be low into 22 high but am changing my mind here