3 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:46 AM

Part of Dr. Elders latest e-mail (March 5, 2007):

"Dear Trader,
I usually write to you about once a month, but this time decided to write sooner than usual, in view of the tremendous activity in the stock market.
Those who participated in my webinars this year, came to our January Camp, or attended my talk at the Traders' Expo in February know that I have become extremely bearish on the stock market since the start of the year.
There has been a broad range of bearish signs, including this severe bearish divergence on the weekly chart of the Dow.
The Dow rallied to its lifetime high, while MACD-H, measuring the power of the bulls, managed only a little pipsqueak of a rally. When the decline did come, it was fast and furious. I believe the yellow dotted line on this chart indicates a reasonable target for the downmove. (11,400DOW)

We may well get what is called 'a dead cat bounce,' but the market is neither nice nor helpful to those who sit on losses. Generally, the first loss is the best loss, and the sooner one cuts his or her losses, the less they hurt.

This chart, updated last Friday, shows that New Lows exceeded New Highs for only four days and by a very slim margin. This is not how serious bottoms are made!"
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p62499783271&a=100344124&r=1274.png

Edited by Rogerdodger, 08 March 2007 - 12:55 AM.

#2 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:49 AM

Part of Dr. Elders latest e-mail (March 5, 2007):

"Dear Trader,
I usually write to you about once a month, but this time decided to write sooner than usual, in view of the tremendous activity in the stock market.
Those who participated in my webinars this year, came to our January Camp, or attended my talk at the Traders' Expo in February know that I have become extremely bearish on the stock market since the start of the year.
There has been a broad range of bearish signs, including this severe bearish divergence on the weekly chart of the Dow.
The Dow rallied to its lifetime high, while MACD-H, measuring the power of the bulls, managed only a little pipsqueak of a rally. When the decline did come, it was fast and furious. I believe the yellow dotted line on this chart indicates a reasonable target for the downmove. (11,400DOW)

We may well get what is called 'a dead cat bounce,' but the market is neither nice nor helpful to those who sit on losses. Generally, the first loss is the best loss, and the sooner one cuts his or her losses, the less they hurt.

This chart, updated last Friday, shows that New Lows exceeded New Highs for only four days and by a very slim margin. This is not how serious bottoms are made!"

Dow 11400 is also my target as I mentioned here a few days ago.

Edited by xD&Cox, 08 March 2007 - 04:50 AM.

#3 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:57 AM

Waaaaaaa :cry: Now everyone knows. :P ;) I get his emails too ... and respect his work ... question is ... will it be different this time? Good luck all, C.C.

Edited by calmcookie, 08 March 2007 - 08:58 AM.

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:10 AM

11400 is also the P&F Projection on stockcharts.com. [/quote]Dow 11400 is also my target as I mentioned here a few days ago.[/quote]

Edited by Russ, 08 March 2007 - 09:12 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/