• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:34 AM

But you can't make a factual health claim on a food product, nor eat and sell unpasturized cheese..."What DID you say you do here????"

Why does the phrase "Useless as teats on a boar-hog..." come to mind.

M

Despite warnings of effects on people, FDA ready to OK antibiotic for cattle.
March 05, 2007
The government is on track to approve a new antibiotic to treat a pneumonia-like disease in cattle, despite warnings from health groups and a majority of the agency's own expert advisers that the decision will be dangerous -- for people. The drug, called cefquinome, belongs to a class of highly potent antibiotics that are among medicine's last defense against several serious human infections. No drug from that class has ever been approved in the United States for use in animals.

The American Medical Association and about a dozen other health groups warned the Food and Drug Administration that giving cefquinome to animals would probably speed the emergence of microbes resistant to that important class of antibiotic, as has happened with other drugs. Those super-microbes could then spread to people.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#12 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:41 AM

I'm sorry Mark.
What part of the word "bureaucracy" don't you understand? <_<

(And why do these guys have so much cash in their freezers?)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 10 March 2007 - 11:43 AM.

#13 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:56 AM

:lol:

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#14 no_mind

no_mind

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:18 PM

unpasturized cheese

I'm reading a good book called "Never be sick again", and in it he makes an interesting statement re pasteurization.

"A prime factor contributing to the health problems caused by milk is pasteurization (heating), which both destroys nutrients and creates toxins, thereby contributing to each of the two casuses of disease. Animals fed pasteurized milk exhibit poor skeletal development, weak bones, osteoporosis and tooth decay. Calves fed raw milk remain healthy, but calves fed pasteurized milk typically die within eight weeks! If a calf cannot benefit from pasteurized milk, how can a human?"

Best,

Tom