I am not sure but sentiment is scaring me

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

I remember that selecto's weekly SPX poll was very bullish that weekend before the big plunge, I remember because I had never seen it that bullish when I voted. Now it looks like TT got quite bearish, I don't remember it this bearish in a while. I think something gonna break big time. Maybe this time TT is right. volume dried, SPX formed a doji. It is either topping or it is the indecision before another up leg.

Edited by xD&Cox, 10 March 2007 - 11:55 AM.

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:54 AM

it's only one poll. One that you yourself can have an effect upon. I'm just sayin'... M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:01 PM

One that you yourself can have an effect upon.

I believe that to be true.
The sentiment of the general public can be influenced by the TV talking heads.
Sentiment here at TT can be influenced by XD (or any other who has been strongly leaning in one direction and gets it right.)

When she is moving up, :redbull: Da_Cheif has the ball, down, right now I'd give it to :bear: XD.

Love 'em both.

#4 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

I hope this one is an isolated case. According to sentimenttrader, shortterm sentiment is neutral.

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:05 PM

XD, I remember the grief you were getting over your well posted short positions...before the bottom fell out. ;)

#6 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:13 PM

And I got very close to covering some of them on the day they ran some stops around 1459. The closing action had saved the position.

#7 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:30 PM

Quite frankly, I'm not sure that sentiment will have anything to do with it the next leg down. I am beginning to believe there may be more to the current rumor of a hedge fund overly exposed to the sub prime market and it's resultant impact will surprise more than we know....MDW :sweatingbullets:
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence

#8 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:28 PM

I think something strange is going to happen on monday/tuesday. Why? When I looked at the TT daily polls last evening, there were ~35% fully long, ~45% fully short and almost nothing in between. There was no flat. The distribution looked like a highly skewed bipolar one. It was based on first 20-25 votes, which are usually the ST traders. What does it mean for ST trend? I do not know, but I have not seen anything like that before. Now that position poll is different, but I may have contributed to it by posting about the daily poll last evening.

Edited by greenie, 10 March 2007 - 01:30 PM.

It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#9 S.I.M.O.N.

S.I.M.O.N.

SIMONForecast

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:50 PM

I think something strange is going to happen on monday/tuesday.

yes, i agree, its called a Melt-up by the way.. :lol:
*previously known as pnfwave