#11 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:01 PM

Mark,

http://www.cmgi.com/

take note of the bold item in the profile below...some of those are solar ventures -

CMGI, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides supply chain management services and marketing distribution solutions that help businesses market, sell, and distribute their products worldwide. It services include consulting and demand planning, sourcing and supply base management, manufacturing and product configuration, logistics management, marketing distribution and print-on-demand, e-commerce, sales support, and after market services, including testing, repair, and asset disposition.

The company serves hardware manufacturers, software publishers, storage and consumer electronic device manufacturers, telecommunication carriers, and broadband and wireless service providers.

In addition, CMGI, through its affiliated venture capital group, invests in early-stage and mid-stage technology companies.

The company, formerly known as CMG Information Services, Inc., was incorporated in 1986. CMGI is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
---------

these press releases reveal the new endeavors -

http://www.cmgi.com/news/pr_all.shtml

Edited by hiker, 15 March 2007 - 06:05 PM.

#12 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

Hiker,

I guess the question is, is it crap?

If it is, you dump it the second it loses momentum or at a measured move. If it isn't, you try to manage your risk so you can ride it as long as possible.

Personally, I've no opinion. I did almost own $1MM worth of it. The only reason I didn't was that in 2000 my client and I couldn't figure out an acceptable way to insure our shares' value (it was letter stock and couldn't be sold for a couple years).

M

Just think if you owned $10000 worth of the stock and it goes back up $120 ? :D
OTIS.

#13 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image

WOW what a blast from the past. :P Never owned it, and haven't been paying attention, but back prior to 2000 it was a Poster Child for astounding moves up.

I think it was on the old FF board that somebody asked a question about the chart in 1999, when the "bear flag" I have marked in purplish-pink was going on. CMGI must have split 2-for-1 at some point, because as I recall we projected from the flag to a target of 330, which would be 165 on the above chart. And by Jove I think it made it.

Boy, that was a quick 8 years....

Doug

#14 raleigh

raleigh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:58 PM

I see a 'bull flag' not a 'bear flag'........am confused now.

#15 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:27 AM

Raleigh, smack me for being absent-minded and sloppy. Bull flag it is. Sheesh. I'm sorry about that.

Best,

Doug