Anyone else getting a SELL SIGNAL ?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:36 AM

hehe just checking. ;) Only thing that worries me about the timing is, bad CC #s are usually a fade. add to that usually when previous Dyn OTC RYDEX money has supported the market the day before.. results usually end in a recovery by next day. So expecting a little whipping action for traders. Wondering If the Rut and other indices achieved a bearish Gartley. Anyone know? tia

Edited by Mr Dev, 27 March 2007 - 09:41 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:42 AM

hi Dev, took a 33% short in RYDEX INVERSE DYNAMIC OTC... watching TWM and thinking of going short with that. I am scaling into shorts. They may still punish the bears at end of quarter. They seem to be struggling to keep the mkts levitated right now. Chili
Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#3 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:44 AM

Mine was March 23rd ......... Nothing has changed, the fractal is still unfolding to the downside ,,,

The Bounce yesterday was a second chance to short this coming Monster ...

Hank

hehe just checking. ;)

Only thing that worries me about the timing is, bad CC #s are usually a fade.

add to that usually when previous Dyn OTC RYDEX money has supported the market the day before.. results usually end in a recovery by next day.

So expecting a little whipping action for traders.

Wondering If the Rut and other indices achieved a bearish Gartley. Anyone know?
tia

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:47 AM

Anyone else getting a SELL SIGNAL ?

Not yet, unless it deteriorates further south of 50 dma on the select indices. I think this is the low before the EOQ mark up. I think it has about 5-10 sessions or so to start the second significant leg lower, assuming the leadership and the internals momentum will not significantly change over the next 5 sessions. Any one day price surge with this kind of leadership and internals should mark a good top. I don't think we have seen that kind of exhaustion and given the momentum from the lows, it is not too out of ordinary to expect a secondary surge, imho...

- kisa

#5 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:52 AM

I'm getting a ding-dong on the dailies in here, Mr. D. :)

Edited by selecto, 27 March 2007 - 09:58 AM.

#6 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:55 AM

expecting nasty selloff in 1 hour..
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

BTW, Mr Dev, I also think it depends what index you meant for the sell signal. I have a sell on NDX and I don't expect a significant run for this index, but I have the continued (not confirmed in the IT sense) buy on SPX and RUT. This is because NDX does not have enough inflationary issues to keep it as strong as the SPX and RUT. I went long the SPX and RUT and shorted the sector indices (materials and oils), the dollar ratio is 3:1, deltas ~0.7. I posted the similar option trades here, I will probably close the hedges on the first up day from here, these are trading positions, not IT. IF the trend turns here for the general market, the inflationary issues will collapse, I expect the growth to underperform since this is probably the middle stages of a correction or trading range, I expect the March lows to be eventually revisited, if not lower...

Edited by kisacik, 27 March 2007 - 10:07 AM.

#8 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:28 AM

I got a Sell signal three days ago. This is a daily short term sell signal. Intermediate Weekly shows we should have a good sell-off taking us to year-to-date lows. Barry

#9 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:35 AM

For consideration, remember the low that just occured at 11:30am came on the FTSE close. Significant pressure below the 11:30am low this afternoon may be more telling. Yesterday's low on the SPX in range, but the NDX is still almost a 1% above.

#10 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:43 AM

hehe just checking. ;)

Only thing that worries me about the timing is, bad CC #s are usually a fade.

add to that usually when previous Dyn OTC RYDEX money has supported the market the day before.. results usually end in a recovery by next day.

So expecting a little whipping action for traders.

Wondering If the Rut and other indices achieved a bearish Gartley. Anyone know?
tia

I am tracking the R3000 for volume indicators. It is within the bounds of past news driven selling. I do think we will test the 830, yesterdays lows, but the indications are that the market will recover today. In the longer run I think Hank is on to something. Each volume thrust is a test of how resilent the market is: the recovery volume is faltering more each time. One of these breaks is likely to take on trending characteristics. Then watch the sell program dump. Neutral for now, ready to short. Islander.