Anyone else getting a SELL SIGNAL ?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:23 AM

Agree with Islander, each upthrust is on lower volume, momentum is dying, expect spx to keep moving down with FRACMAN"S forecast. The usual April low should show up.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#12 kemo1k

kemo1k

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:34 AM

Hey Dev, any activity last night on Zen's "flipper"? our $50 M to $100 M mover on the velocity/venture? Thanks

#13 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:37 AM

Agree with Islander, each upthrust is on lower volume, momentum is dying, expect spx to keep moving down with FRACMAN"S forecast. The usual April low should show up.

For the past 5 sessions, the indices spent more time going up than down. This is probably the 2.5wk cycle low. The down moves have been very sudden and substantial with steady recoveries. This is not how the downtrends begin, not in the intraday timeframes at least. OTOH, if the resources continue to retreat probably the first reaction of the broad market will be also to the upside, perhaps we are seeing this now.

So, I would use the 6 days of strength ahead of us and short the resources as a hedge and long the indices for now. I really do think that a top is nearby, picking an exact top should depend on a momentum extreme in the daily timeframes. We might get it in a few days, if we get a decline more than a few hours --so far it is not convincing, then I will weight more toward the short side, right now I am also mostly IT bearish, ST neutral, but VST bullish...

- kisa

Edited by kisacik, 27 March 2007 - 11:37 AM.

#14 kemo1k

kemo1k

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

Hey Dev,

any activity last night on Zen's "flipper"? our $50 M to $100 M mover on the velocity/venture?

Thanks

Sorry guys. At work and I did not see the lower post on this. Lo siento. Always in a hurry.

#15 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:08 PM

Russ: The usual April low should show up.

Russ, I read that and thought, "But November through April is supposed to be the seasonally bullish period..." Yet I do remember some prominent April lows - I first thought of 4/4/1994 - so I decided to check it out.
Posted Image

I know some of the years are arguable (like 2000), but I marked the prominent or "meaningful" lows (IMHO) for Aprils in red, and the ones that more clearly were highs or where there wasn't a substantial low in green. Looks to me like less than half the time is there really an "April low."

Yet there've been some very substantial April lows, as in 2001, or in several other years where it was the low for the year. Certainly could be the case this time around. We might be making a pattern like 1996...?

Nice to see "the big picture" sometimes. I thought the rally from last summer was amazing for its persistence and tight channel, but sheesh -- look at 1995.

Best,

Doug

#16 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

The lower CCI indicators are different Tech:Utility ratios according to the Dow Jones, S&P indices...

Posted Image

This rally either has 2-3 weeks more of trading range (possible new highs) and I kind of favor this because of the breath break out last week, or it is going straight down within a week...

In either case, the lows will be visited or lower lows will be made within 6-8 wks...

- kisa

Edited by kisacik, 27 March 2007 - 01:45 PM.

#17 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

- kisa

Your effort's appreciated.
That's some colorful work there Kisa.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#18 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:36 PM

Got a daily sell at market open. No big deal.

#19 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:37 AM

Your effort's appreciated.
That's some colorful work there Kisa.

Hey I hope it helps somebody, I used the sector cycles for years and it sure proves me again that trying to profit the short term counter trend move here and not aligning myself with the IT signal was a dangerous game. I am caught with some longs and resource shorts including the oils, ouch! I think the market is headed lower and it seems like it will get going in the earnest while my hedges will not. I will probably pay for this mistake in the morning, shiyt... :giveup:

- kisa

Edited by kisacik, 28 March 2007 - 12:39 AM.