clx students

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:23 PM

Wow, Da-Chief, I wish you post more of this analysis instead of snorting. Great post regardless of the outcome. Respect! Denleo

#12 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:25 PM

>BTW most of those short positions I opened around the time I made that post was closed with %10 to %50 profits near the recent bottom. All posted here realtime ... <..........WOW thats great............smooch

#13 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:31 PM

>BTW most of those short positions I opened around the time I made that post was closed with %10 to %50 profits near the recent bottom. All posted here realtime ... <..........WOW thats great............smooch

No I have to return the compliment "smooch" to you because you been the greatest one all the way down here.

#14 S.I.M.O.N.

S.I.M.O.N.

SIMONForecast

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:55 PM

chief, i think we rally into WWW, jmho, does'nt mean we tank into opex, just enuf fur the da boyz to load up on cheap calls for the usual opex payday..
*previously known as pnfwave

#15 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:56 PM

Don,

Do I buy or sell here ?

Hank

seriously ....

you will notice that the 10 day clx has rolled over after the dow ran into its 50 day ma....as we indicated on this board last week we expected a reaction off that MA......the 10 day clx is now in a declining mode and according to the offsets is vulnerable till apr 9 which is the week before the april expiration,apr20.....which if you hadnt noticed is a bradley turn date.....i would be less than surprised to see the market be under pressure till the 9th before the boys take it up for the april expiration........the march april may period has historicaly offered up bargains and has been coincident many times with a huge improvement in sentiment figures......we may see a split market in the meantime as the naz appears to be in a 2nd wave pullback... max risk on the dow appears to be its rising 200 day ma near 11900 as some astute market students on this board have observed.....tending to confirm this idea would be a close by the dow below todays low of 125257 which unfortunately was slighty below the prior 38.2 resistance which is now implied support...that 38.2 resistance was 12266.....on the flip side the jun spooz did close above the 50% support resistance line and with wed gap leaves open a surprise upside blast....there are 2 gapsabove themarket up to the 88.7retrace which is 1466.02amazingly the gap fills at 1465.80....the short term headache is the gap at 1399.......i saw cramer on cnbc this morning during the opening decline.......and he unfortunately was sanguine about wed action..as are a number of market observer on this board appear to be bottom fishing.....its never easy is it....... :blink:

#16 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:01 PM

chief, i think we rally into WWW, jmho, does'nt mean we tank into opex, just enuf fur the da boyz to
load up on cheap calls for the usual opex payday..

a rally into www would make the calls more expensive souldnt they????

>Do I buy or sell here ?

Hank <

I think you can handle this scalping business just fine....just look at the choppy intra day action we are enduring.....wasnt it fun???...lol

Edited by da_cheif, 28 March 2007 - 09:57 PM.

#17 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:09 PM

yep, made a few bucks today ........k

Hank

thanks

chief, i think we rally into WWW, jmho, does'nt mean we tank into opex, just enuf fur the da boyz to
load up on cheap calls for the usual opex payday..

a rally into www would make the calls more expensive souldnt they????

>Do I buy or sell here ?

Hank <

I think you can handle this scalping business just fine....just look at the choppy intra day action we are enduring.....wasnt it fun???...lol

:)

100 points is a scalp ? hmmm ...

I'll post the trade I did today for you with the video

It was a picture perfect trade .....

Hank

there is a method to all this madness in the market ..............

you will notice that the 10 day clx has rolled over after the dow ran into its 50 day ma....as we indicated on this board last week we expected a reaction off that MA......the 10 day clx is now in a declining mode and according to the offsets is vulnerable till apr 9 which is the week before the april expiration,apr20.....which if you hadnt noticed is a bradley turn date.....i would be less than surprised to see the market be under pressure till the 9th before the boys take it up for the april expiration........the march april may period has historicaly offered up bargains and has been coincident many times with a huge improvement in sentiment figures......we may see a split market in the meantime as the naz appears to be in a 2nd wave pullback... max risk on the dow appears to be its rising 200 day ma near 11900 as some astute market students on this board have observed.....tending to confirm this idea would be a close by the dow below todays low of 125257 which unfortunately was slighty below the prior 38.2 resistance which is now implied support...that 38.2 resistance was 12266.....on the flip side the jun spooz did close above the 50% support resistance line and with wed gap leaves open a surprise upside blast....there are 2 gapsabove themarket up to the 88.7retrace which is 1466.02amazingly the gap fills at 1465.80....the short term headache is the gap at 1399.......i saw cramer on cnbc this morning during the opening decline.......and he unfortunately was sanguine about wed action..as are a number of market observer on this board appear to be bottom fishing.....its never easy is it....... :blink:

#18 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

Decided to join the short people did you? :pop: Your call last week was for the dow to stall out and then up, that's quite different than your latest, which is bearish and calling for new lows.

I have an older post on the gold forum predicting a low on April 11+/- a day for the HUI, that seems to fit with your forecast.

XBD is showing a very serious broken support line going back several years, as you can see on Teaparty's blog from a few days ago.
This is not going to be your garden variety correction.

Edited by Russ, 28 March 2007 - 10:57 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#19 SixSigma

SixSigma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:29 AM

[quote name='da_cheif' post='279705' date='Mar 28 2007, 09:21 PM']
clx student joanne on WW...supplied these charts and commentary
http://homepage.mac....2231/328off.gif
Thank you for those specifics....I've been again reminded to 'look'.....not 'think'......g! : )

All this time I've merely been looking at the 'direction' of the offsets....but not in relation to the CLX MA's themselves. Now I think I 'see it' as you do and it thus makes offets a much better 'sensor'.

In my computer charts...Excel also computes the CLX MA's forward as if 'unchanged' and I think it also contributes a bit to the picture.
[/quote]

Thanks Don. Now I just have to stay in touch so that I can join the next CLX seminar - now that I am unfortunately not on CB anymore, I miss a lot of em... :unsure:

[quote name='reddybuild' post='279741' date='Mar 29 2007, 01:17 AM']
Thank you for those specifics....I've been again reminded to 'look'.....not 'think'......g! : )

All this time I've merely been looking at the 'direction' of the offsets....but not in relation to the CLX MA's themselves. Now I think I 'see it' as you do and it thus makes offets a much better 'sensor'.

In my computer charts...Excel also computes the CLX MA's forward as if 'unchanged' and I think it also contributes a bit to the picture.
[/quote]

Thanks Don. Now I just have to stay in touch so that I can join the next CLX seminar - now that I am unfortunately not on CB anymore, I miss a lot of em... :unsure:
[/quote]

[quote name='reddybuild' date='Mar 29 2007, 01:27 AM' post='279741']

[/quote]

[quote name='reddybuild' post='279741' date='Mar 29 2007, 01:17 AM']

[/quote]

#20 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:20 AM

Decided to join the short people did you? :pop: Your call last week was for the dow to stall out and then up, that's quite different than your latest, which is bearish and calling for new lows.

I have an older post on the gold forum predicting a low on April 11+/- a day for the HUI, that seems to fit with your forecast.

XBD is showing a very serious broken support line going back several years, as you can see on Teaparty's blog from a few days ago.
This is not going to be your garden variety correction.

>Decided to join the short people did you? :pop: Your call last week was for the dow to stall out and then up, that's quite different than your latest, which is bearish and calling for new lows.<.......lol...dont get ur hopes up......how many more thousands of points up must we go before you drop ur bearish bias.....lolol.....>new lows<..:>)...lesseee we are a mile above the june low.....which was a mile above the prior swing lows .....which was a mile above the previouse lows.......get the picture?.....a stair step to 20k and above is underway.........i do these little breathing excercises for entertainment porposes only....like ive done so many times in the past.........so "CAN IT".....snort