Photo

these pop ups are ridiculous

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

You're not using internet explorer are you?

Mozilla offers an option to stop any specific pop up by adding to a list.

I rarely ever get a pop up anywhere and NEVER here ,...that sounds like a problem from 2005.

What's Internet Explorer?

Posted Imagehttp://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#22 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

What's Internet Explorer?

Posted Imagehttp://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Don't forget the kool icon paks

Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#23 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

Also, these addons:

AdBlock

NoScript

FireFTP if you need an FTP client...works great and is simple and free.

Edited by Chilidawgz, 30 March 2007 - 03:18 PM.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#24 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:54 PM

well. solved the problem. www.tribalfusion.com was the originator of all the pop ups for me. I put it in my exception list of urls that are not allowed and it seems to be working! yeah!

thanx. i have the ability to block all pop-ups i just discovered and that's what i did. now we'll see if it works.

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#25 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:13 PM

You should NEVER get more than one pop under a day from Traders-talk. If you do, right click on it and figure out where it's located and send that url to me.

But also check for spyware. That's more plausible than anything we're doing.

Mark

I almost never see a pop up.

I think I have seen less than 5 the past few years I have owned my mac. I don't even run pop up blocker.

S,
My daughter is interested in a Mac which I know little about, what browser do use, and can you open more than

one browser window at a time and if so can you put them side by side?
tia

yes I use internet explorer (IE7) and use the popup blocker provided as well as spydoctor's blocker. I only get a few pop ups elsewhere but here I get one anytime I click on anything or post a message, etc.

That's your number 1 problem !

It has been for years, and with all the new versions it is still inferior.

Switch, and start to enjoy a faster pc that doesn't need to waste resources on a blocker and start to enjoy a pop-up free life!

Let me add to that.....IE7 has "probably" allowed you to get a virus/trojan,... so you'll need a good cleaning with at least 2 good trojan cleaners.

well. solved the problem. www.tribalfusion.com was the originator of all the pop ups for me. I put it in my exception list of urls that are not allowed and it seems to be working! yeah!

Skott, I'll look into this. That SHOULDN'T happen. Just one. Unless they don't know that you've been into the site. Do you allow cookies?

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#26 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:28 PM

Wow..three pages of responses on a thread about browsers. We are geeks. To add my 2c, Firefox - without a doubt. For those who use more than one PC, I also highly recommend "foxmarks.com", which will automatically sync your favorites lists on multiple machines. So you add a new blog favorite, "NAV's" for example, :) and it will show up on your firefox bookmarks on both your laptop and home computer. now that's cool. B)
"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
http://www.trueworldhistory.info/

#27 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:10 PM

Mark, I didn't see your question until now, sorry. Cookies. My Privacy setting on my browser is set to medium. If you didn't see my later post the pop ups were from tribalfusion.com and it only occured when I was at this site. I added it to my restriced list and the problem is gone now.

#28 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:41 PM

Wow..three pages of responses on a thread about browsers. We are geeks.

:lol:

And thanks to my friends above for their help answering my MAC questions!

have a good weekend ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#29 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:59 PM

Mark, I didn't see your question until now, sorry.

Cookies. My Privacy setting on my browser is set to medium. If you didn't see my later post the pop ups were from tribalfusion.com and it only occured when I was at this site. I added it to my restriced list and the problem is gone now.

I saw that. It's weird. TF is a good, ethical outfit. They've been running the ads for us since 2001. Only outfit I dealt with that I felt like I didn't need to shower after talking to them. There's something amiss and it's probably a cookie issue. I'll sniff it out a little.

Anyone else who wants to be ad-less, we have a special membership level that gives you the ad-less skin.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#30 J.Bilkins

J.Bilkins

• Traders-Talk User
  • 373 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

I allow the pop ups to help the site in a very small way.....thats my 2 cents! tried mozilla.....guess I am just so use to the ie7 it wasn't worth the changes etc......it appears a vote would have mozilla win hands down so perhaps I may try it again. I do however get this error with norton still that says something about mozilla and an at print command shell rendering or something related....no clue what that is...